• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it hacked if....?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I have a love for Totodile and can't get my hands on it, so my brothers friend who hacked all his pokemon offered me one but I am against ALL hacked pokemon in every way.
    So I figured I would breed the Feraligatr with a (unhacked) Ditto
    and train up that Totodile and release or trade back the hacked Feraligatr.
    So I was wondering does the newly hatched Totodile count as being hacked or not? Cause if it does I have no interist in it.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    In all honestly it is up to you. But if you took the time to hatch it and raise then I'd say it is legit.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Well, the pecha berry doesn't fasll far from the tree, it depends how you interpret if being born to a bad parent makes you as bad.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I say as long as the parent dosen't have illegal moves, illegal abilities, hacked perfect iv's, or jacked up stats; why not?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Seriously, If you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon it's NOT hacked.
    Hacked only applies to one pokemon and it's 'hacked' attributes arent passed on to the child. The offspring is legit.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Well, do you belive enough in the game that blood line exists, and that your pokemon will call a hacked pokemon its father, and it itslef be hacked?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well, do you belive enough in the game that blood line exists, and that your pokemon will call a hacked pokemon its father, and it itslef be hacked?
    That makes no sense to me. When a Pokemon is hatched it's stats are generated randomly according to the base stats stored in the game's database.
    Moves are given based on what the mother/father knew. Most hacked in moves arent egg moves and cannot be passed on. It makes no sense to consider a completely individual Pokemon hacked because it's 'parent' was hacked. Seriously, we are talking about data here. and the game is programmed in a way that usually prevents Hacked stats and IVs/EVs from being passed to the offspring.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Seriously, If you breed a pokemon from a hacked pokemon it's NOT hacked.
    Hacked only applies to one pokemon and it's 'hacked' attributes arent passed on to the child. The offspring is legit.

Surely it doesn't count as a hacked Pokémon strictly talking. It's a normal egg, it's just that it came from somewhere, right? A hacked Pokémon, thus your egg is not completely legit. But there isn't something like semi-legit, so it's simple. Without hacking, would you have the Pokémon? No. So reconsider it.

An example would be if you cheated to have wild Mewtwo on Route 201. It's a normal Mewtwo, but you shouldn't have it if you hadn't cheated. This egg thing is an excuse to say it's legit. Really just because you take time (and very little) to hatch an egg or catch it (in the case of Mewtwo) it doesn't mean you really did the right thing to get it. Why do you think they can only be obtained by completing the Hoenn Dex in Emerald and by completing the entire Colosseum storyline? Because they are supposed to be rare, and it's not fair comparing completing the Hoenn Dex to walking about 2000 steps. Really I hate when people say they have legit Pokémon if they are there because of cheats. (Nothing against you, Mr.May16)

Years
    no if you hatch an egg from a hacked pokemon it won't be hacked
    if some one perents ware stupid dos that meen that there kids well be stupid?no but a small chance and this chance go to the pokemon moves if it has tm moves when you hacked him the baby becom hacked cuz it has hacked move soo delet all his hacked egg moves and you have a legit totodile

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    the pokemon isnt HACKED< but it is still Unfairly gotten. i spent at least a month completing my hoenn dex, and i had to choose only one. since everyone chooses cyndaquil or totdial, i chose chickorita, as i thought it would be worth more later on, also meganium is cool. Byt he way, it had **** IVs, but i still got something ncie for one of her eggs

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    the pokemon isnt HACKED< but it is still Unfairly gotten. i spent at least a month completing my hoenn dex, and i had to choose only one. since everyone chooses cyndaquil or totdial, i chose chickorita, as i thought it would be worth more later on, also meganium is cool.

Someone that agrees with me. It's not a hacked Pokémon strictly speaking, but it's surely NOT a legit Pokémon.

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    Exactly - it isn't hacked, but isn't necessarily 100% legit or fairly gotten. That means...

No more posts past this line containing shallow opinions.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Cerozero

Insomniac
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 6, 2007
    It's hard enough breeding the Pokemon the fact that he got those IVs doesn't make it hacked because you don't know exactly why those IVs where passed on. He got all perfect IVs the chances of that are ridiculously low(6 IVs: 0.01% chance from 2 different parents mind you) and three of them where probably generated at random.The chances for getting all 31s is even lower than that.If he even had an edge at that point it probably didn't matter. The game still saw fit to give him those IVs. I say it is legit as any other pokemon.

nilved

Leafeon pwns you.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011

Last edited:
    Back