• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it hacked if....?

Cerozero

Insomniac
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 6, 2007
    If it wasn't for the hacked Pokémon, you wouldn't get your supposedly legit Pokémon, so it counts as a hacked Pokémon. (At least in your consciousness)

There is no way that hacked Pokemon guaranteed him a perfect egg there was a way (for lack of a better word) better chance he would get an average egg. You act like he hacked the egg ,but he didn't. There is no way the hacked Pokemon did all the work,It's all up to you, but thats what you should be thinking. How many times do you people need to be told?

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Let PBR decide... go on wifi with it. If you get on then isn't that what matters?

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Have you been smoking shroomish? the game does have a type of error decection, but we shouldn't just say yeah, thats the best way to detect it. heres an example. a guyu decides to hack (what an idiot), give an umbreon wonder guard and spacial rend and 999 in all stats. this moron will be most likely be rejected by PBR, but what if he makes a new umbreon, totaly normal with natural abilitys, just created unatuly, then i'm not sure how that woudl result. but thother posters were right, the hacke dpokemon doesnt "donate" any of its coding to the offspring, the child just has someone of tis IVs determined by the differenc ebtween the parents. so they both have an equal role in its potential.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    All I ment was he wants to go online with it right? So if he can get online with it then why does it matter the parent pokemon? I'm not saying that is how every pokemon should be checked for hacks, just in his case...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I actually at the moment can't get on to Wi-fi, nor would i use one (or a Feraligatr) on it, at least at the moment.
    Before i read mot of the replies I had already decided against it because even though it won't be hacked its stil a way of cheating to get a "rare" pokemon. I spent an hour and half catching a 100% legit Feebas, I can spend the time to fill out my Hoenn dex.
    I reaslised the pokemon would be fine but It's still talking the "easy way" or a short-cut to get a pokemon. So no, I'm not going to.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I wouldn't say it's hacked, but if you want it to feel more legit, you could always get a Totodile from them, and then breed it, and get another, and the second will be more legit.

That's just me, though.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    There is no way that hacked Pokemon guaranteed him a perfect egg there was a way (for lack of a better word) better chance he would get an average egg. You act like he hacked the egg ,but he didn't. There is no way the hacked Pokemon did all the work,It's all up to you, but thats what you should be thinking. How many times do you people need to be told?

I don't mean because of getting good IVs or impossible egg moves or whatever. I just mean he shouldn't get any Totodile!

I wouldn't say it's hacked, but if you want it to feel more legit, you could always get a Totodile from them, and then breed it, and get another, and the second will be more legit.

That's just me, though.

That's like saying that if you cheat to have Treecko on Route 201, you should use normal balls rather than Master Balls to feel it's legit. It involvese cheats either way.

I reaslised the pokemon would be fine but It's still talking the "easy way" or a short-cut to get a pokemon. So no, I'm not going to.

Good for you. At least you realised it. There are some people that think that just because you don't strictly use a hacked Pokémon, but a baby from it, it's legit. Some people just don't understand, but at least you did. Congratulations.

Cerozero

Insomniac
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 6, 2007
    I don't mean because of getting good IVs or impossible egg moves or whatever. I just mean he shouldn't get any Totodile!

As you should be well aware it is a new (and better in my opinion) generation between breeding and online trades very few Pokemon are beyond reach, and when you factor in cloned and hacked monsters the the opportunities to obtain those once prized starters and legendaries drops to a difficulty level easier than certain items. I have Totodile and i never even owned any of the Advance generation games. I still don't know if this is what you mean.

I actually at the moment can't get on to Wi-fi, nor would i use one (or a Feraligatr) on it, at least at the moment.
    Before i read mot of the replies I had already decided against it because even though it won't be hacked its stil a way of cheating to get a "rare" pokemon. I spent an hour and half catching a 100% legit Feebas, I can spend the time to fill out my Hoenn dex.

"The hard way" is a thing of the past find someone with something you need, engage in a mutually beneficial transaction, enjoy, celebrate, wash, rinse ,repeat.

still too much of a short-cut in my opinion, i want to be 100% clean not 98% or something.

Not a shortcut just the way things work now. Its understandable to have some weird feelings(a little part of me died when I acquired all three first generation starter eggs in one transaction).

Last edited:
    Back