• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is it just me or are R/S/E harder than FR/LG?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I'd say that FR/LG are harder because of the amount of training it takes to get through E4 round 2... but Emerald does have the battle frontier to go through...

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    RSE in general is a breeze compared to FRLG. I think it's so much easier to like BS your way through ruby saph and emerald. The E4 is so much easier to handle in Emerald than even run through #1 in FRLG. I went through FRLG's e4 just the other day with my highest level at 50 and my lowest at 44. Lance got some stat ups on his Aerodactyl (like three stat ups due to ancientpower) and completely pwned the **** out of me. (I ran through with little items). Point is, that same team on Emerald would have easily beaten the E4.

Years
    emerald was harder because it was one of those "specail" games 3rd of that generation and they normally tend ot be harder. like platnium now, it is a touch harder than d/p

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    FireRed and LeafGreen I would say are harder than Ruby and Sapphire... if only because they are based on the originals which are the hardest Pokémon games in existence. I found Sapphire quite difficult towards the end though, when all of a sudden the trainers don't go above level 30 and you're somehow supposed to level up for the elite four...

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    Emerald was a bit more challenging than Fire Red and Leafgreen.

I don't know how to put it but Ruby/Sapphire was too easy whereas Emerald was more challenging. =/

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby was harder than Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green because in Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby, you had to find where the Master Ball was located and how to get out of the hideouts.

Years
    I would only say R/S/E are harder than FR/LG because it was in a whole new region. You had no idea what the levels of gym leaders or their Pokemon the first time you played through the game. In FR/LG, since it is a remake of Red and Blue version, you already had a idea of what to expect if you first started playing Pokemon in the first generation because most of the trainers had the exact same Pokemon at the exact same level.

Back