• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Is it just me, or did everyone used to name their character "ASH"?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I tended to always name my character after the game I was playing. Like for Gold my character was name Gold. Sometimes I use my own name (Sarah).

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • yeah ppl did do tht xD to me what ive seen the name ash ended after platinum was released. i named myself ash in emerald :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Yup, I can attest to the fact that for the first few years I owned R/B/Y I would name my character ASH at least 80% of the time. There was never any driving force behind this, I just couldn't think of a better/ more appropriate name. Thankfully, I've grown up and gotten some much needed creativity in the process so now I'm only called ASH in 50% of my R/B/Y games :P

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • I still name my Trainers ASH to this day. All my Rivals have the name GARY. I did this because of the common show names that were used during the Johto and Kanto Episodes and it still remained in my later games as it reminded me of the good old times of Pokemon. I still use those names to this day. My Trainer in my White version is ASH also XD.:)

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I used to name my characters Ash and my rivals Gary. But now I am name my character after me and my Emerald version names my rivals for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    I always called him Jesse, since its the male equivalent of Jessica. I think it is, anyways. Now I call him Red or Gold. I remember one time, playing Blue and naming him HARRY and the rival DRACO.

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
    Years
  • For Pokemon Red, I went with Red...When I had first gotten Pokemon Yellow, I believe I did go with Ash. For both Gold and Crystal, I named the main character Gold.

Rivals were the same deal. I named the rivals Blue/Gary/Silver.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I name myself my own name in any game, unless a cool one is suggested. As for Ash, oh my god.....I tried to explain to three seprate people the diffrence between ash and red for a good five minutes, and they still didn't get it.

Years
  • on the originals and remakes R,B,Y,FR,LG i named it ASH
    HG/SS Jimmy, from the pokemon chronicles
    on the new ones G,S,C,R,S,E,D,P,PL,B,W i named him James, haha i got the idea for the name from James from team rocket i always thought he was cool back when G,S,C came out and ever since then the name for my character just happens to be James

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • When I was younger during RBY and sometimes when I played Gold/Silver I used to name my Character Ash.In Firered, I named my character Satoshi, obviously off of Ash's Japanese name. I think Pokemon Emerald was the first time I used my real name, Aaron and in HeartGold it's Air-In, which is a nickname my friends give me. :P

Back