• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me, or is Team Rocket going downhill?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2007
    Is TR were evil and worthy trainers Ash and co would be side tracked and exausted to trying and stop them every episode!

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i just watched pokemon: the first movie, and i wasn't as disappointed in team rocket. i think it's because their emotions changed... and they were actually funny. i was shocked to find myself enjoying them sometimes, especially being so disappointed with them in the new episodes. that's why i think they actually have gone downhill. they've lost their sense of humor, and they're used too much.

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    Of course the TR crew aren't meant to be serious. That was why I liked em so much. But yeah, they are really really going downhill...supremely. I mean, as annoying they are (showing up every single episode) at least towards the beginning, their cracks were humorous at least! Like:

Jessie: (irritated) Can't you let us commit a crime in peace?

Jessie: ARG! How dare that girl humiliate the twerp's Charizard that way!
    James: (stupidly) Why, should she have humiliated it some other way?

Jessie & James: (sobbing) It's so sad...to imagine the feeling of rejection they're going through...
    Meowth: You two don't have to imagine.

But now, their cracks are becoming lamer and lamer to the point where you just want to roll your eyes and mute the TV whenever they open their mouths. The dialogues were the biggest disappointment, and the cruddiness was added to because of the Voice Actors changing. I know I for one loved to hear James and Meowth's with their original VAs (James's really took the cake...in a good way).

In Advance Generation and Battle Frontier, they were dethroned by Harley anyway (who got the best dialogs of the whole season) so their lameness wasn't really noticed. Not to mention, they had an excuse...being new VAs and a new company taking over the rights and all. But with D/P, they're unbearable to the point where I've just stopped watching.

So yeah. Downhill. Supremely. By Far. :/

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    oh, i totally agree with you Spice Curry. watching pokemon: the first movie, i really enjoyed listening to meowth and james too, they were great!

i'm getting to that point too where i don't even want to watch because i know team rocket is going to be involved in the episode.

oh, and i HATE how meowth does his impression of what "the boss" will think when they steal the pokemon. how incredibly lame can you get! it's the stupidest commentary in the whole show. i mean, i can understand if they did that once, let meowth give his version of the boss' reaction and everything, but NO... it's almost every episode... makes me want to cry because jesse, james and meowth were at one time great, now it seems like they're just filler because they need something else to put in the show.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    and you'd think that after all these years they'd realize they can't catch pikachu, and they never will. everybody knows that it's impossible for them to actually keep pikachu forever cuz then everybody would be sad and they wouldn't have a show.

blah... it's annoying me so much i want to write an e-mail to the company and tell them that they have to fix team rocket.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yep.. I mean, I still like Team Rocket, and every-now-and-then they'll make laugh alittle. Still, I do agree that they use to be a lot more amusing.. especially with the old VAs, but I certainly don't want them out of the anime. I'm managing to stay a Team Rocket fan, reguardless of the fact that they're pretty lame, most of the time, now days. x-x;

One thing I think the series needs to have in it again, is Team Rocket actually doing bigger things, as opposed to just 'stalking Pikachu' like someone else said earlier.

Years
    and you'd think that after all these years they'd realize they can't catch pikachu, and they never will. everybody knows that it's impossible for them to actually keep pikachu forever cuz then everybody would be sad and they wouldn't have a show.

blah... it's annoying me so much i want to write an e-mail to the company and tell them that they have to fix team rocket.

Yeah, I'm about ready to do that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    .......I don't think they're going downhill at all.

Team Rocket hasn't had a decrease in quality for a while now-- they kiiiind of sucked ever since the beginning (or to be honest, maybe around episode 3?). not to say I don't love them-- I do-- but... it's been going on for a while...

Lash

Years
    They have been going downhill. I use to idolize them, but lately, my interest in them is dwindling away. They do have bigger goals now a days, but ever since Hoenn, they have been having constant dream sequences about Giovanni.
    Their latest motto is just... What? Seriously. "We in yo' ear!"
    What has the motto come to? D:

~Crystal Entei~

If that is what you wish
    Years
    Lol Madinna Lake,you've got SUCH a good point there (no sarcasm intended.plus i laugh at a lot of things sooo,yeah).I think after Johto...IT WAS ALL DOWNHILL FROM THEEEERE!I'm sorry,I just HAD to say that or,type,whatever.=P

Sunset

Ka-kaw!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2007
    Team Rocket is amazing, buuut I think they should come up with some other idea for them that isn't them trying to constantly catch Pikachu. :<

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i totally agree with you guys. i mean, no, they shouldn't get rid of Team Rocket completely, i'm not saying that, and i don't think any of us are, it's just that they've lost some of their... personality. sometimes change is a good thing. but when it comes to TR... well look where change got us. nowhere.

oh, how i wish they had the same motto, i never thought i'd say i miss it SOOOO much!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They have been going downhill. I use to idolize them, but lately, my interest in them is dwindling away. They do have bigger goals now a days, but ever since Hoenn, they have been having constant dream sequences about Giovanni.
    Their latest motto is just... What? Seriously. "We in yo' ear!"
    What has the motto come to? D:

Someone correct if I'm wrong.. but from what I remember,
    I believe that they're new DP motto is the only one thats ever been really close to Japanese.

I like it for that reason, because it's finally simular to the
    Japanese motto. Especially the 'Listen, is that a voice I hear?'.. but that parts
    catchy anyhoo, I think.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Team Rocket needs a costume change =D

They also need to win more. It happens occasionally.

I'd also like to see more crazy crack with them, and something unexpected once in a while.

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
    i do agree and dont but hey im just glad the series made it to season 10 hopefully season 11 will be a little bit better or they just need to join team galaxy and keep the old motto they need to do that switch to the new team becuase that be funny and theyd change costumes and there motto a little each region and get access to many agents to

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    haha, they're not good enough for arceus. but i guess they're not good enough to catch pikachu either, so i guess you do have a good point ^_^

and minakichan, i agree with you, they do need a costume change... really bad!!
    why change their motto and not their outfits, which have been the same since... um... FOREVER. why do they change ash and co's costumes, but not theirs?

Back