• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me?

Years
    wow, i was on a bilion other pkmn forums, and all r saying that pkmn XD is the best game ever... Now i see that some guys r flaming it... I wonna buy on christams gamecube becouse of pkmn XD... The game looks gr8 but i didnt played it yet, just seen videos and pics... :\

SalamanceLover08

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    In my opinion: The console pokemon games will be just like the original gameboy ones. They will start of extremely basic, but will eventually grow into something that us fans would naver imagine. Maybe nintendo will eve give us online play. It's not necessarily need, but take this for an example: An online pokemon world where you can design your own character and upload your favorite teams. You could travel around a 3D world and fight other trainers from around the world. There could even be contest and tournaments. That would be my ideal game. But for now, I think Nintendo is working with what they have. Just wait, soon enough we'll be having real online battles.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

You are all forgetting one of the main joys of the GB games--THE PORTABILITY. You could go anywhere with a game, find another trainer, and trade/battle right then and there..and Nintendo realized this & is building on it (Wireless Adapter, WI-FI). If you had a GCN version, tough,...could you really picture carrying something like THAT around all over the place, getting a generator to power it, having a screen, etc...? That's why they didn't make a GCN game like the GBA ones...Perhaps once the Revolution is released and its worldwide network is finally up, THEN we'll have Pokemon games like what SalamanceLover08 mentioned.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree with you, I think the 3D is awesome, but I do enjoy the gameboy games better... Now if they took one of the gameboy games, turned it 3D and released on Gamecube (or the Revolution), that would totally freaking awesome... though that would take up soooo much memory! x___x

Controller Freak

.:Trainer Card Collector:.
    Years
    About the memory thing, maybe it would come with a new memory card like Animal Crossing did.

Oh, while we're on the subject, have you seen those new Revolution controllers? Does anyone else not like the looks of them?

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    WEll, good things can't last forever =/. I blame it on the anime trend that is not having good names/scripts that only entertain asian people.

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    Originally, the console games are just like a kind of "expansion" to the Game Boy games. The stadium saga was meant as a way to play multiplayer with better graphics. I do like Colosseum because leveling up is tedious and I do like the Shadow Pokemon system. It was just extremely easy. I still haven't played XD yet, but it's an excellent improvement on Colosseum. Perhaps the next generation will be 3D and online, and that's what people are looking for.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    needs more Gym Trainers n' stuff. lvl 100 Misty's Starmie ftw.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    To tell you the truth. I like the Cube games better. I mean it is different then the GBAs one. I mean the GBA ones are all the same. YOu play Masterquest. Get a pokemon. Capture pokemon and battle gyms. Do a HeroSave and tada. Game over. The only game that is good right now on GBA is FR/LG and E. Just becasue of the extras.

The XD and Cols are different. You on a HeroSave plot. THe whole story is different and all. NOt just you catching pokemon but you doing more then just figth gyms. It is so different. What I don't like was the 3-D grafpics. I wish they use C-shading like in Zelda:WW so it looks kind of like the anime or GBA games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    each set of games was good in its own merrit. the whole point of the gba games was to go through the gyms. (you kind of just get sucked into being the hero) but each one has its drawbacks.

and i guess im the only one that realizes the full potential of the revolution controler for what nintendo is planing for the system they couldent have made a better controller. (oh and if you just turn it on its side you get the originol nes controller)

KageSora

Rukario Fan
    Years
    Hmmm.... I think that would be cool, but I don't know if that will happen anytime soon. I hope so, but I don't think that I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Controller Freak said:
    Uh... what does that mean?
    It means that it needs to bring back the gym challenges like they had in Stadium and Stadium 2. And I was recalling how I had to face Misty's Starmie at lvl 100

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    I seriously hope they have a good GBA-like Pokemon RPG for the Revolution. They could even use it's niftly little Wi-Fi feature...

They could either enhance the Pokemon experience, or completely screw it up...

Back