• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it me? or is....

Kirby Louise

" The Game "
Years
  • Pokemon ranger the crappiest Pokemon game ever invented?
    I seriously cant stand the game, i absoloutly lvoe all the GBA games and the DS games, like D&P, Mystery dungeon, and what not, i love all the pokemon games but seriously this game is ridiculous, theres absoloutly no point to it. And i totaly agree with what my brother said,

-" this is where an R4 comes in , if theres a cheesy game you wanna play but dont want to spend good precious money on it, Illegally download it "

What a good man :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's... not THAT bad. The plot isn't any cheesier than the other spin-offs, really. It's just the first one's play style was so hard/annoying that it didn't make finishing the game worth it. It was eve LESS worth it if you didn't buy the game new. :/ I borrowed the first from my friend after he finished it so I didn't even get Manaphy for finishing the game.

The second one improves but heads too far to the other end of the spectrum--now it's too easy and everything's been simplified. But at least it doesn't enforce ridiculous limitations on you. I've actually put enough effort into it to complete it which is a LOT more than can be said for the first one.

Regardless, while I agree with you on some points... it's not the worst game in the series. Pokémon Channel and Dash will hopefully always have that coveted spot. :P

Years
  • Dash was brilliant, Lightning.

What about Hey You Pikachu?

I hated Ranger too, it wasnt worth it, too difficult and u dont even keep the pokemon you catch.

I hate the way it works.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • It's just awful...

I bet somebody thought hey, we need a new, cool way for trainers to get manaphy...how about we house it in a new game?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Dash was brilliant, Lightning.

What about Hey You Pikachu?
    ...you're kidding, right? 4 hours of playtime, repetitive controls (even more boring than Ranger's), no plot, and like 6 characters to choose from. (Wait, could you choose which character to race with? If so, was there any benefit to using one over the other??)

As for Hey You, Pikachu... I'm chalking that one up to nostalgia. :P I did enjoy that game--and it was far more interactive (literally!) than Channel, but I will admit that thinking back on it, I honestly can't figure out how I could've poured so many hours into it, lmao.

Derek

Teh Breeder
    Years
  • I thought ranger was pretty much Honey Bunches of Fail.

Though as a kid I loved Hey You Pikachu. Good times on that N64...

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Aww, I actually like the Ranger games. It's not really what I'd call the Greatest Game Ever or anything, but I think they're enjoyable. You don't have to think all that hard (esp. in SoA), however, if you want to just goof off and play a simple, different type of Pokemon game, I say Rangers is a good bet.

I stand by it mostly being cute, cheesy fun, and a good time killer. I've replayed Rangers three times and I just started my second run of SoA. Personally I love the sheer silliness of it all. <3

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Pokemon Ranger was and still is one of my favourite DS games. I can't remember exactly why because it's been over a year since I last played it. I always though the Mystery Dungeon games were pieces of crap compared to Pokemon Ranger. ;O

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • Pokemon Ranger, at least the 2nd one, has a better plot than the Main series, but they made the gameplay too easy. Ranger1 wasnt that hard. As for Channel, i liked it. Sure it was easy but it was kinda fun watching the Pichu episode and all, shown also in japanese, but without subs (What is with nintendos respect with the fans, cant they bring the movies with japanese and good bonus features like naruto does.) Maybe if i played it today, it would suck, but i enjoyed it back then.

As for Hey You Pikachu, im hoping a new with slightly better graphics, the newer pokemon, and some sort of wifi where you can download new things for Pikachu (like Channels tv) for a very low prize (50 or 100 wii points) would be avaiable for Wii ware to take advantage of the new Wii Speak.

As for worst pokemon game, its definetely Dash. I just hate it ok. Ranch was a huge disapointment. All you can do is watch them. If they would had maked some sort of interactivity, it would be more worth it 1000 points. And wseriously, they should have maked this a bit more realistic. The pokemon look cute and all (a sorry excuse to save money and time), but i would have traded this for something realistic (maybe cel shade or something) anyday.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Are you kidding me? The Ranger games are AWESOME!!! I mean u guys probably don't like it cuz u don't wanna do all those hard work in it...I already beat the 1st game a while ago and I am on Rank 5 on Ranger 2!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I completely disagree. Although I didn't play the first Ranger game, I kinda thought that the sequel was much better. (And from my point of view, I think it's actually more emotional than the PMD series.)

pokedude61

PMD and PMD2 player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    Well, I didnt like the ranger games either, but it was made to follow plot line(the movie concerning pokemon rangers and manaphy), so thats probably why they added it in.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
    Years
  • For one, I think that the game was great. I like the different perspective of the game and I thought that the plot was well thought out to some extents. I actually like Pokemon Rangers more than Trainers. I do agree with Lightning that it was easy. It took me 32 hours to complete everything from all the quests to the capture arena to the browser and finally to Regigigas. I have a level 47 or 48 styler and I'm just wondering if there's anything else at all more in the game. I have downloaded and completed the 3 Special Missions and now awaiting the arrival of the Extra Missions with Dialga, Palkia, and Shaymin.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • its ok the storyline was interesting and kept me busy for the week i passed it i might restart to see how bad it was at least its not as bad as channel

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Well, I didnt like the ranger games either, but it was made to follow plot line(the movie concerning pokemon rangers and manaphy), so thats probably why they added it in.

Actually, Pokemon Ranger came out before the movie :/ It's always been that way...

Anyways,

Personally, I LOVE the Pokemon Ranger games. I prefer them to the main series games, actually. I enjoy the different style and storyline. I never found it hard or tedious either.

~Mooshykris

Back