• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it me?

Umasd

I-Am-The-Law
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Is it me or are people just filling their squads with Pokemon that will perform, not the ones that they like the most?

I mean I think its sad, and I look at some peoples squads and they have Deoxys/Articuno/Mewtew/Lugia/Zapdos/Moltres and I just think 'get a life'. I personally couldn't care what Pokemon I have, aslong as I like them.

I have a Bulbasaur which is level 80 and not evolved, and I don't plan to, even though grass is considered a crap type. I have a beedrill, another 'bad' type (bug) and many other Pokemon that people on these boards would laugh it.

Anyways, have fun.

Ps. Ho-oh > Lugia any day

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I train my favorites most of the time even if they are crappy. But when it has come to real battling I stay away from using just my favorites. But I don't tend to use ubers like those anyway, but I use strategic non-uber Pokemon.

This will be a good discussion, but I must set this down now. No flaming other people or other team preferances. Keep it clean, or this will be closed.

This would also be better suited in General Games Discussion because it could concern any of the games.

MOVED

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well I train all of my Pokemon. It doesn't matter if they suck or not. I make sure that those suckish Pokemon become as good as those that are good or just fine. I really don't use legi's that much. The only legi that I use are Zapdos and Articuno. But when a Pokemon evolves I alow them to evolve even though they may have suckish moves.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I only use pokemon the I like, too. I can't stand using pokemon I don't like, even if they are powerful.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Is it me or are people just filling their squads with Pokemon that will perform, not the ones that they like the most?

I mean I think its sad, and I look at some peoples squads and they have Deoxys/Articuno/Mewtew/Lugia/Zapdos/Moltres and I just think 'get a life'. I personally couldn't care what Pokemon I have, aslong as I like them.

I have a Bulbasaur which is level 80 and not evolved, and I don't plan to, even though grass is considered a crap type. I have a beedrill, another 'bad' type (bug) and many other Pokemon that people on these boards would laugh it.

Anyways, have fun.
    I'm just like you. I have a Larvitar who I'll never evolve. I believe that if you train them well, they can be just as good as an uber Pokemon. My Combusken (not Blaziken) can kick serious butt.

Years
    In my party I always have my Starter,The first pokemon I caught And 4 others.

My L/Green party which has 8 badges But cant do E4
    Venusaur
    Butterfree
    Snorlax
    Moltres
    Zapdos
    Articuno

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Hnmm... I have a habit of getting all my pokemon at the beginning, so by the time I reach the legi's, I have all my pokemon and I'm just too lazy to switch them around, and there usually stronger then the birds and mewtwo ; level wise. >.o

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    I raise my starter only until I beat the E4, the rest of the team is 5 somethings with pickup, LOL. After the starter hits 100 I just choose another pokemon to raise in place of it and keep the 5 pickupers, but yeah I raise the ones I like and ubers don't stay on my team very long, I just get them to level 100 and move on. I did raise all of the Dark type first, now I'm working on a Beedrill. V(^_^)V

Years
    I hear ya. I like to use regular everyday pokemon. I don't like using legi's because they take the fun out of it. A lot of people here hate Swablu and Altaria. They are my favorites because they train fast and they are just cool.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    lol nah, I only use Pokemon that I like as well. x3
    Most of them can be powerful, but Pikachu... it isn't the best defense wise.
    But still, I love Pikachu, so alls good. x3 Although I normally evolve him after a certain point... which is fine because I like Raichu too. ^^

I also normally have a Pidgeot in my party. ^^

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    Yay I support you all, I think it completely takes the fun out of it just to use the strongest pokémon and have all these techincial strongest movesets etc. It shouldn't matter whihc pokémon they are at all, just as long as you like them, and are determined with them, that's what we learn from teh Anime right ^^
    & I don't liek to use legendaries, because I liek to think there is only one, and their not for battlign with, but still seems everyoens got them in their team.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Yeah, I agree that people who tend to use Legendaries and the like are just taking the fun out of battling. I mean, I believe that people should have an equal chance of winning a Pokemon battle like everyone else.

I don't like the fact that people use the final evolution of the starters either (such as Charizard and Blaziken since people use them a lot).

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    I was just told I was wrong, when somone asked hwo they shoudl go about making a new team, I said choose the ones you like, then some guy told me that that was wrong. Annoyed >.<

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    SamBee said:
    I was just told I was wrong, when somone asked hwo they shoudl go about making a new team, I said choose the ones you like, then some guy told me that that was wrong. Annoyed >.<

I grew up into the "if you didnt have all 3 legi birds, mewtwo and 2 starter evolutions you were an idiot".

I never had more than 1 legi bird on me because I only really liked Articuno.

Umasd

I-Am-The-Law
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Well atleast people on these forums have sense. We have a small community of people who play Pokemon at our school, and if you don't have atleast 3 legi's in your team they will just laugh at you.

Nonetheless, my 'gimped' squad lays the smackdown on them everytime, just goes to show that legendaries aren't 'all that'.

Back