• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it me...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
  • ... or is Diamond and Pearl much harder than it is in the previous games?

Yes, I got the game yesterday, after many weeks of waiting. After a good play through, I've realised that the pokemon (wild and trained) are a lot tougher. I even find battling the Galactic grunts a real struggle (and usually, they're the weakest, in my opinion).

Has anyone else had troubles in the game, or could it just mean that I'm rubbish?

OrangePopsicle

Rawrizard
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    lol, Beating it was as easy as it usually is; however, I do believe there is quite too large of a gap between the levels of the eigth gym and the Elite Four. But, that's really the only thing...

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Well, I got my Pearl yesterday and I think there is something different about the battles... I mean, level 50 Empoleon after the 4th gym? In the other games, my starter was barely at level 60 when I reached the league. O_o

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Yeah, I think there is a Bigger gap between gyms. Which probably ment more battles, causing my pokemon to level up more. The battles were a little harder this time around, for me, Although not enough to take me down.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    I thought that these games were a little harder than previous games, but not overly hard.

Jolt

Legit Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    I thought that these games were a little harder than previous games, but not overly hard.

This game was definitely a bit harder, in that we couldn't just catch a Kyogre to sweep the Elite Four. I didn't think the Grunts or such were much harder though.., although the game itself did take longer to complete. I've noticed that the game speed is MUCH slower than that of the previous versions.
    I managed to beat the game with a Pachirisu, Empoleon and Staraptor, and Bidoof as my.. uh.. HM Friend. (Elite Four on first try ;)).

Years
  • I didn't think that this game was any harder than the others. The only problems I had was the Elite Four and that was because my Pokémon's levels weren't that high.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • eh, i didn't really find it any harder. it was actually better than the older ones, though, being that i could actually keep the Levels of my Pokémon up with everyone else's on the game, which i actually ejoyed. in no way did i have to struggle, until i got to the Elite4, but thats because when i got to the Elite4, my levels were in the low 50's. but, after fighting the first few of the Elite4, their levels gradually rose, making the fight easier and easier. :D

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • It was definately just as hard as any of the other games, but the battles took so long I hated battling and was always underleveled by at least two...The Elite Four was fairly easy, but Cynthia was insanely difficult in places. Like her Spiritomb and Bronzong [I had no Fire moves on any of my six team members at the time].

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • I find D/P a bit the same but still slightly tougher. The only difficulties I had in the game were the 5th gym battle and the E4. Which only took me about two to four tries. I feel sorry for my poor Bibarel; he's my HM Poke and then I used him as a distraction during the E4 battle so I can heal my other pokemon Dx I feel so evil >=D

supermega_boy

Water Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Pokemon Missing

I need help, where I can catch a nosepass in pokemon diamond?

piplup-inator

Kirby rocks!! whaahooo!!!
    Years
  • you dont have to

you don't have to import from hoenn, listen at sandgem town dawns sister tells you that the news said that there's a outbreak of pokemon she'll say a route and the pokemon that are there e.g she might say route 201 there's a whole bunch of electekid

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    You kidding? The game was actually easier, well maybe it because i have this policy to have my pokemon 7+ levels higher then the wild, but it was an addicting game, i couldnt stop, i manage to beat it in 3 days straight, that of course i had a lot of competition with friends. I wouldn't say your rubbish, but if your having a hard time getting by, its means you need to train a lot more.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • You kidding? The game was actually easier, well maybe it because i have this policy to have my pokemon 7+ levels higher then the wild, but it was an addicting game, i couldnt stop, i manage to beat it in 3 days straight, that of course i had a lot of competition with friends. I wouldn't say your rubbish, but if your having a hard time getting by, its means you need to train a lot more.

that makes two of us. it was interesting, though, because three of the Pokémon on my previous team were traded. lol but, nevertheless, i tried staying quite a few steps ahead of the competition. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2008
    never thought about that, as usual it took me less than 30 hours to get the national dex so i didnt realize much of a difference

Roihu

In America
    Years
  • It was at most longer...
    Though my hardest battle was prbably the 1st fight with the girl from Galactic that had a purugly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    well, when i was playing it for the first time it was really hard(Japanese version and cant even tell 2 different japanese word apart!) never got the english version yet but it will probably be like 10x times easyer

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • You kidding? The game was actually easier, well maybe it because i have this policy to have my pokemon 7+ levels higher then the wild, but it was an addicting game, i couldnt stop, i manage to beat it in 3 days straight, that of course i had a lot of competition with friends. I wouldn't say your rubbish, but if your having a hard time getting by, its means you need to train a lot more.

Yeah, I guess you're right by saying that the levels of the later trainers pokemon get really high. It's not just me...

By the time my sister was ready to beat Mars, Jupiter, the Galactic Boss (sorry, i forgot his name) and finally catch Dialga, her Pokemon were at around Lv.35-40. They were about in their 40s.

I also find the region map a lot more confusing than in the earlier games. :(

Back