• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it me...

PattySweets4

Pokemon Connosseur
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    the leveling up is what really was tough for me, really slow process while beating the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Technically Diamond and Pearl is a bit harder than the other because of algorithm changes they made to the game engine.

Years
    the leveling up is what really was tough for me, really slow process while beating the game.

Yeah I totally agree. I just managed to beat the 5th Gym Leader myself, only just though. Never had this much trouble with the previous games. It does get frustrating but also really interesting as well, gets the competitive juices flowing and makes me think about what I need to do! :D

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Dude r u joking me? This game waz easy-medium compared to other games. The hardest for me waz and still iz: Emerald.

But the hard part about pearl is the part to catch palkia with all those Galactics and the Elite-4. Gosh I still remember being soo angry and almost breaking my DS because I couldnt beat them.

pokemon lover

Lucario's no.1 fan.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    i have the 8th gym and elite4 left to do, yet none of my pokemon on d/p are over 50? is it me or do they get less xp??

Years
    The battles are way easier.

But, the actual game other than battles is harder, IMO.

Although, I have only had the game for four days and only have 3 badges so far so what do I know.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Dude, it's just you. Every game has gotten easier since the first gen I think. I mean think about it, Lorelei, who was the first person in the original E4, had pokes over lvl 60. In this game, there are level 60s only after the 3rd leader I think, and even then there are still no more than 3 or 4 over lvl 60.

So yeah, it's just you, this game was easy as pie, i thought

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    i have the 8th gym and elite4 left to do, yet none of my pokemon on d/p are over 50? is it me or do they get less xp??

No its just ur bad training:P kidding. Um yea my Kadabra and Rapidash are only level 50 and it seems that there is no good place to train your pokemon that are fire types or psycic tht are lvl 50 or higher. It sucks.

pokemon lover

Lucario's no.1 fan.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    z0mg thanks _._ < upside down -.- < :D but can you help me, what do i gotta do to get to sunyshure, ive set the legendreies free (ones in team galactic base in that big base) im just getting my lucario egg atm.

ufo

&lt;- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    DP certainly was longer X_x

I completed RS in a little under 4 hours but this took me more than 10 hours to get to the e4 (and past it)

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    Diamond and Pearl were definately better, longer, and more challenging than the GBA games (except Emerald).

I really didn't have any trouble other than the with the wierdness of the Super Contest Visual Rounds. I never dressed my Pokemon to be "intangible" or "Natural" or any of those themes. Just dressed them. I eventually started winning the master ranks though. Also, I had trouble with the Elite Four. I got I lost to that 3rd trainer with the lvl. 61 Infernape. I got owned. I did about an hour of leveling up and won against the 3rd guy and eventuallty made it to Cynthia. Only to get owned by her Garchomp about 3 times... I eventually won and never lost again to any E4 member or Cynthia.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    well on hardness, I started out with a chimchar, started by training my hardest to beat the first gym, team all 15, monferno, traded buziel, geodude (HM slave), evolved starly -_-, and evolved shinx -_-, can't remember names... after I beat the first gym, i noticed i had to keep training before every thing over and over again. and my 9 year old brother who uses the train you starter only tactic was getting farther then me.

as for the game itself it took me three days to find the galactic grunt in pastoria so I could get the secret potion.

overall my game only took 12 hours or so for my hall of fame debut.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Easiest lol

I actually thought that Pokemon Diamond was a lot easier then the other games. Even RBY was harder for me. This game was the easiest in my opinion, but also had the most stuff to do in it, to keep you occupied.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    It wasn't hard at all!

The wild pokemon are the weakest, in my opinion.

I mean you're still encountering wild lv 3 Shinx after the first cave.

It's harder in the way that you can't train as easy on such weak wilds.

Dusknoir and Tangrowth

OHNOES HE'S BACK!!
    Years
    they definatly are a lot longer and they do have more of those, "wait until movie/next game" mysteries.... In my opinion, R/B/Y were the hardest because the horrid graphics and because I was a Noob at life back then"How do you get down these freekin' stairs!!!" "WTF! WHERE'S THE DOOR!!" ^^ lol

Back