• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is it nice to have Pokemon Real life movie

Cyrus55

Whee ! done with scripter.
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    I wonder is it nice that Japan make A pokemon real life movie :/

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. Is it that it must be nice in Japan that they have a live action Pokemon movie? They don't though... There are a lot of fanmade trailers around but that's all it's limited to.

Or are you asking it would be nice to have a live action movie? In this case, I can't imagine Pokemon in a live-action movie. I just can't. It would seem so out of place with their bright colors and all.

Cyrus55

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    Yeah is it nice to have a live action movie :>

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to go against a live action movie if it was ever made, just to avoid the same fatal mistake the DBZ series did with their little live action movie, I still shudder just thinking about that abomination.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
  • Live action kills the feeling of anime...

I really have to agree. That's why anime cosplayers look ugly, at least IMO.

I don't know what you think about Power Rangers and Kamen Riders, but me and my best friend call it the PLASTIC SHOW, and we just watch it so we can make fun of it and laugh at it.

I also watched the Pokémon Apoclypse thing and it disturbed me...really. Ash looks "...." and WHO THE HECK IS THE BALD GUY?!?!? It doesn't really seem like Pokémon and all the bright colours and feeling on anime is gone, though B/W overloads the bright colours and lessens the feeling of anime.
    Anime just isn't designed to be real.

Last edited:

Cyrus55

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    O.O guy/girl ??? what are you talking ?

Years
  • No, there should never be a live action pokemon movie. It was tried once with Mario and that was all messed up. I don't want to see the same thing happen to Pokemon. Like Mario, Pokemon doesn't work as live-action.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I couldn't imagine a Pokemon movie in live-action, I mean a huge legendary Pokemon appears an destroys a whole city. Now that's totally weird. :3 .. It would also cost a lot of money for the graphics, costumes, and pretty much everything. And I don't see this happening as well.

Cyrus55

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    If they make something like looney tunes real life in normal cartoon form instead of "3D" Will it be a Successful ?

Years
  • nope it shudnt happen.....i mean the best example is the dragon ball movie it srsly sucked.......they shudnt do the same thing to pokemon

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • I'd like to see them do it just so I can laugh at its ridiculousness XD Plus, I'd love to see how they cast the main group :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's a cool concept, but I don't think it'll work because the Pokemon won't look as good rendered in CGI compared to the anime. That, and the movie itself may be very expensive.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years

• I really have to agree. That's why anime cosplayers look ugly, at least IMO.

I don't know what you think about Power Rangers and Kamen Riders, but me and my best friend call it the PLASTIC SHOW, and we just watch it so we can make fun of it and laugh at it.

I also watched the Pokémon Apoclypse thing and it disturbed me...really. Ash looks "...." and WHO THE HECK IS THE BALD GUY?!?!? It doesn't really seem like Pokémon and all the bright colours and feeling on anime is gone, though B/W overloads the bright colours and lessens the feeling of anime.
    Anime just isn't designed to be real.
    The bald dude is supposed to be Giovanni.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I dunno, I think it wouldn't work. Especially with rendering the CG of the Pokemon themselves. It would look weird if the Pokemon kept their anime (but 3D-fied) forms, but if they look photorealistic, that would be even stranger.

Cyrus55

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    What if it realistic ? what do you all think?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I doubt that they'd have very good graphics for the pokemon. They'd probably end up looking like they were made of rubber or have some other horribly unrealistic texture.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    Ive already seen real life pokemon stuff on youtube, i know for sure it won't be the same but i know for sure i wont like it

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • If they make one I have one thing to say 1.No Justin Chatwin for Ash and 2. No M Night Shalamadamdingdong as a director!

Back