• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is It Possible To Put Fakemon in XY?

Years
  • People can put crazy stuff in XY like volcanion and inappropriate nicknames/hacks on GTS, so I was wondering if people could mod fakemon into the game.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I seen a youtube video where you could alert the pokemon's sprite with almost anything, But that just that for fakemons and not actual fakemons with different stats than the modded pokemon.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • People can put crazy stuff in XY like volcanion and inappropriate nicknames/hacks on GTS, so I was wondering if people could mod fakemon into the game.
    While people have figured out how to alter things like character dialogue, trainer Pokemon, and where Pokemon are located in the overworld, right now we don't really have the tools and knowledge needed to truly insert a fake Pokemon. Even if you were going to do so by replacing an existing Pokemon you would need to be able to change the Pokedex entry, base stats, movepool, egg moves, model, animation for said model, catch rate, and a bunch of other factors that you would either need to be knowledgeable enough to edit manually or have access to tools that can do it for you. Right now we don't really have the ability to make those kinds of changes, or at least some of those changes. They'll probably figure out how to do so in the near future, but until then it's just not possible.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I would say "Yes" because I've had fake Pokémon before.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Pretty much no. They can alter models, but that's much different then what they did with volcanion or anything else. Those are in the game already. The pokemon aspects are locked all over the files, and it's hard to find them, and people have not been able to get to them all.

Back