• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is it time to fully abandon trainer sprites/mugshots?

Keep artwork in game, or switch to fully 3D?

• I want every trainer to have a 3D battle model!

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • I want every trainer to have artwork, stick with tradition!

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I'm perfectly happy with the current set up of both!

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    I've always liked a little bit of a retro feel, and if you remove some of the artwork and make the whole aspect 3D, it will take away from Pokemon itself and it probably just won't look as nice. Also, this is still Gen 6. I feel like a big thing that groups generations together is the graphics. Making the switch to full on 3D wouldn't make sense for OR/AS. However, I can see that taking place in Gen 7.

Years
    What they did with Archie and Maxie's battle cutscene is essentially what I'd want to see with every important battle. Of course, their animation is specific to their personalities, so it would vary slightly, but something along those lines would make gym battles feel more important. The artwork is nice, but I like what they've been doing with it - only using it for common trainer battles.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I agree with sprites and such but I'd prefer the artwork to remain until the Pokemon games look like they have wolfenstein graphics jammed into them.

Back