• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it true?

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    omg, plx! your friend was wrong, so very! not true! it's really not true! omg omg.
    If you're talking to me, yes, I know that it was wrong. This thread is to post fake rumors, isn't it? So that was what I was doing, posting a fake rumor.

So you do not need to tell me that Corsola can not evolve into Celebi.... I am not that noobish....

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    If you're talking to me, yes, I know that it was wrong. This thread is to post fake rumors, isn't it? So that was what I was doing, posting a fake rumor.

So you do not need to tell me that Corsola can not evolve into Celebi.... I am not that noobish....

dude, i was just making fun of some earlier replies :P

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
    everyone knows the mew is under the truck, huh?
    also, ive heard thaqt in fushia glitch city in R/B you could catch mew lvl 270
    oh, also if you catch all unows in crystal suicune would appear in your box =0
    another, if you use walk through walls cheat on firered/leafgreen and go west of pallet youll reach jotho
    even another, if you go to fushia glitch city (R/B), save the game, turn off and on, you would have mystery gift
    lets see... any other?
    oh, yes, of course. if you keep fishing in a statue (R/B; dont even know if you can fish in a statue) you would find mew and get to a glitch world with an item called "??gift??" and two master balls. what an imagination, huh?i think my friend was a bit crazy...
    just one more i can remember: if you defeat all the three birds in R/B, very strong and rare pokemon (like nidoking, clefable) would appear in mewtwo cave
    uff... all i can remember

Atomic Sharks

All-round trainer
    Years
    pokemon 1st generation the first gameboy 1 ever made this is true just thought i'd add it if you talk to the guy that tells you how to catch pokemon then go to the fire gym place and surf to the right only going up and down when you get on the water you find missingo and if you kill him or catch you get almost unlimited of the thing in your 6th slot and you can catch over lv 100 pokemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    pokemon 1st generation the first gameboy 1 ever made this is true just thought i'd add it if you talk to the guy that tells you how to catch pokemon then go to the fire gym place and surf to the right only going up and down when you get on the water you find missingo and if you kill him or catch you get almost unlimited of the thing in your 6th slot and you can catch over lv 100 pokemon

catching is highly unrecommended, but i LOVE that glitch.

one of my favourite ones "fish with a super rod in this spot 200 times and you will find a secret passage underwater"

my couzin told me some really stupid lies when i was like 9 lol

simplynaruto

Banned
    Years
    I remember the major lie. I killed a crate of batteries doing the R/B/Y rumor. You go through all 150 pokemon on the title screen. Then you will see mew. At the exact time press start and you will be at oaks lab. He says congradulations on catching all 150 pokemon. Here is the ticket to birth island. There you will catch mew. Also mods move this to general.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I heard that when you started pokemon box you got given a Jirachi egg and 999 master balls. It made me so mad when my egg turned out to be a swablu egg and no master balls were given. My friend was sleep over that night and he wanted one to so he go mad as well. A lot of people had heard that rumour and when they tried it they also were upset or cross etc. All because of the Person who started it :(

grassguy

All hail Grovyle!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    My friend said that if you taught Mewtwo Curse it was a one-hit KO that never missed.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    my freind said a year ago that if you go to the moo moo milk place in d/p fight everyone 70 times the waiter will give you a girl milktank.breed it intil its a boy trade it 100 time breed it with a ditto to get a boy chocolate milktank that looks like a bull drinking chocolate milk in front of the t.v.

Last edited:

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    wow, so many memories of the older games back when i was a kid. its been so long now, i can hardly remember, but these two stick in my mind a lot....

In red, use the itemfinder 100 times in mt moon, making sure every time is a different view (no repeated tiles). the 100th time you do it, you will find an egg, which will hatch into Togepi

again in red, i cant remember what this thing was actually for, but i remember a "cheat" that involved turning the gameboy upside down and shaking it violently. im pretty sure it was involved in getting into the huge grass field near pallet.

austin00081

young money
    Years
    In R/B/Y there were so many:
    1. Behind Bill's house, you could catch Mew (there was a small backyard there)
    2. Beat the elite four, and do some extra things and you could evolve Blastoise into a third form
    3. The infamous, Mew under the truck in the SS Anne harbor.(I actually tested this, but it wasn't real, of course)
    4. The one about evolving something into Yoshi.
    5. Something about Mewthree.
    6. Blaine being on the roof of the Cinnabar gym.

G/S/C
    1. Catching Celebii by getting the "Crystal Ball", and going to the shrine in the Ilex Forest.

And just for laughs, I'll share an experience of what happened to me on Pkmn Stadium; my Snorlax used metronome, and the move was Fly. x3

Also, when I played Blue version, some kid showed me how to catch Articuno! I was astonished that you could catch it with an Ultra Ball. I was 8.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    remember everyone mew's not under the truck

oldest lie in the book lol

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
    oh gee, so many...

1. My friend said that if you ask the guy in R/B/Y for a super rod 100 times, on the 101th time he'll give you a Hyper Rod, which you can use to catch Dragonite and Mew with
    2. The truck one
    3. Catching the lv 255 Electrode(that's true)and then you'll get a HM 6, BOOM, which knocks out the opponents team(that part was false)

yeah....and many others

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    3. Catching the lv 255 Electrode??:\(that's true)and then you'll get a HM 6, BOOM, which knocks out the opponents team(that part was false)

lvl 255?!? how could that possibly be true? It's imposible to get higher that lvl100, let alone lvl 255.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    I heard a hoax for the first gen. Buy teh Magikarp from that fat guy, then dump it off in the daycare center untill it reaches level 50. Then take it out, and it will evolve into Mew.

Other hoaxes I heard: Baby Pokemon named Jiraxys & Minusule XD

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    1.minusle-my friend said if you had 3 minun and 3 plusle in your party and went to the maville gym and talked t watson, after 50 times minusle would attack.
    2. jiroxy-if you get jirachi and deoxys and then use them in battle til 100 then breed them and the egg will be jiroxy

two rumors which were both false. gah i can't believe i fell for em!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Once i heard that in R/S/E, once the percent in the Shuttle gets to a %100 you can go to the moon and battle and catch either Jirachi or Deoxys
    Also, In Emerald i heard that after you beat Steven, you are transported to Birth Island

I also heard Training a Magikarp to lvl 100 will make it evolve into Mew

i heard that first one, only in a different fashion. if you go to the guy who says however many launches you've had, and that number is 100 or higher, u'll go to the moon

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    My friends told me that if you get a male minun and a female plusle and breed them, you get a baby minusle. I spent 2 days trying to get a male minun, and then I tried to breed them. You can imagine my diappointment when a plusle came out!!

Back