• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is it worth getting action replay

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • If you have the money, go for it. :| Just remember that if you aren't sur what you're doing (and sometimes even if you are?) there's always a chance that you can screw up your games.

And people will call you a cheater, if you care about that sort of thing.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Nope. It ruins the game when you realize that you can have anything at the press of a button.
    I had a Gameshark for the GameBoy Colour, ruined my second playthrough of G/S/C and LoZ:OoA.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    If I'm stuck I just look up a walkthrough in the net...Cheating with Action Replay just ruins the games I think...Both literally and metaphorically.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Basically, what they said.

I used to cheat a lot, but since getting an Xbox and grasping the concept of achievements, I felt guilty over what I did, and now I play all of my games genuinely

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I used to use an AR for cloning and fast egg hatches when I traded. :3 But I never did anything else with it so I sold it. Its all up to you though. Beat the game fair and square first.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I guess it depends on what your using it for. If your using it to cheat(like get hacked pokemon) then its not worth it. If you plan on using it just cloning pokemon or something like that, I guess it is ok. But AR can still ruin your game so I would want to think about that first before buying it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • you should go buy it if you want to, sometimes people need a little bit of help if no one can help them. Also some people like using the AR or any other cheating device because they want to discover new glitches

:t354:TG

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • If its what you want go for it though, I only had one because Australia didnt get events, but ever since it broke, its kinda useless, which is a point that they don;t really last longer than 4 months if you are lucky

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I don't know about 'ation replays', but action replays are for cheaters. Play the game the way it's meant to be played.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • but action replays are for cheaters.

That's not quite true. manny people us an AR for differnet reasons. For example:
    Some people, (like me) Can't get to the events for some reason (in my case, lack of a driver's license and parents that phail so much that they wont take me. XD) So, I just use the cheat for the event pokemon.

And some games are WAY too hard to win without cheating: Take the Contra series for example. you basically NEED an cheat device to win at that..since in Contra 4 i think Konami didn't insert the "code"...and even if they did, do they REALLY expect me to beat that game with only 30 lives and 3 continues? and 20 resets?

Are you saying that people who do those two things are cheaters? As long as we give the game a good, honest try before using any sort of cheat device, it is okay to cheat.

As long as we, the members of the commnity, don't post Hacked pokemon here, WHO CARES IF WE CHEAT? It's our lives, we should do what we want, instead of listening to a bunch of random people 's opinons on some forum on the internet. (I know, I ironic i said that huh?) If you want an Action Replay, by all means get one.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess it depends on what your using it for. If your using it to cheat(like get hacked pokemon) then its not worth it. If you plan on using it just cloning pokemon or something like that, I guess it is ok. But AR can still ruin your game so I would want to think about that first before buying it.
    Okay, something I've never understood... why is it not okay to hack in a legit-seeming Pokemon yet it's okay to clone a shiny over and over and over again? It's still cheating either way--doing something you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. :| Lol double standards.

I've never had an issue with AR. So long as you don't have a problem with it yourself, that should be enough.

Years
  • Go ahead if you really want one. Just note that some codes can glitch your game pretty bad and to many codes in use or on the device can cause the AR to crash and not work anymore (just a white screen).

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • Well, i got one and thought I would use it a ton to mess with games i really didn't like and I rarely use it now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    call me a cheat all you want but i only use action replay to get to places i havent been and thats it i use it for that and only that i dont download codes or use it to clone or get rare and legits i have my pokmon ranch that haley girls gives them to you

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    That's not quite true. manny people us an AR for differnet reasons. For example:
    Some people, (like me) Can't get to the events for some reason (in my case, lack of a driver's license and parents that phail so much that they wont take me. XD) So, I just use the cheat for the event pokemon.

And some games are WAY too hard to win without cheating: Take the Contra series for example. you basically NEED an cheat device to win at that..since in Contra 4 i think Konami didn't insert the "code"...and even if they did, do they REALLY expect me to beat that game with only 30 lives and 3 continues? and 20 resets?

Are you saying that people who do those two things are cheaters?
    Um, pretty much, yeah.

Play the game as it was intended to be played. The game is hard for a reason and you're being lazy using that to win. And as for the event Pokemon part, that's still no excuse for using an AR. I'd rather trade for one from a person who got it legit. Not make one myself from the AR. Like I said, there's no excuse IMO.

Back