• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Is it worth letting your Mom save your money?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    In Crystal is it worth asking your Mom to save some of your money? i have always said no to her but i know that she does buy you stuff, does she get you any good/rare stuff or just Potions/Pokeball's ect....?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    she buys room decorations :D
    iirc theres a massive snorlax doll when she gets enough money off you, me and 4 friends heard about it and spent most of a day farming the 4 :P

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    very yes, i start when i restart, then i forget I'm saving then after i beat e4 i have several dozen doll (decorate room) and so much money!!!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'd say yes.
    I always do, only because she gets you room decorations.
    Though sometimes she does buy useless stuff :\

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yes it is worth it. I remember when I was playing Crystal, I ran out of money stocking up on potions and revives for my first run through the elite 4. When i finished beating them, not only did i have a fair amount of cash on hand, I learned i had over $200,000 in the bank and I've missed
    that feature ever since.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yes its worth it as said above. I don't know if this applies in Crystal too but on my Silver my mom bought me evolution/elemental stones after a while I'm sure.

Years
    I always let her save some of my money, as it is very useful when you get to the latter stages of the game.

Example: Say if you stock up on tons of Revives, Full Heals and Mega Potions to take on the Elite Four, and the cost saps most of your dough, good 'ol "Mom" will have a big bundle of cash waiting for you if you need more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Don't give her too much. Just maybe half of what you have. That should be good. Its a pretty good investment, if you ask me. I did it, and it saved me, especially when I lost some money.

Back