• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it wrong for me to like Ouran?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm a guy, and I love both Shounen and Shoujo anime/manga, and, personally, I never really care what anyone thinks about me, but it makes me feel good to know people approve :).

When little miss Funimation Channel dropped of a little anime called Ouran High School Host Club, I tried to avoid it. I knew what would happen. I would watch it and get hooked to what probably was a boring show. So I watched it when I was bored one day. I was hooked to a good show with a unique storyline and Diverse Characters (I have to say, in many ways, I'm alot like Haruhi) later I found out Tamaki's dubbed voice was VA'd by Vic Mongana...!!! Vic Mongana = Edward Elric! This show was perfect...until Kirimi came along and than hit me in the face with a boulder of reality. The show is a reverse harem. I didn't think of it that way until she said it. I usually don't care because I watch/read things like Kare Kano (My favorite Shoujo ever) and Fruits Basket. What do you guys think about this?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No. I know plenty of boys who like this show. This show is awesome regardless of gender. Have you looked at Kyouya-senpai lately? *shot*

Kirimi and her shouting of 'reverse harem' and 'debauchery' was hilarious.​

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    huh? no way, your choice of anime is your choice of anime. Both ways, i wouldn't regard Ouran as a yaoi anime in the first place. Sure it's a reverse harem, but it's nowhere near yaoi....ok it can be close, but that's just a ploy so they can pimp out the female students of the schooler...it's not really that much yaoi mode at all. Plus the show can be very entertaining at times...Besides, their goal is to make the girls of the world happy isn't it? XD

pikapeekatchu

I<3 pazuzuFTW ;3
    Years
    I'm a guy, and I love both Shounen and Shoujo anime/manga, and, personally, I never really care what anyone thinks about me, but it makes me feel good to know people approve :).

When little miss Funimation Channel dropped of a little anime called Ouran High School Host Club, I tried to avoid it. I knew what would happen. I would watch it and get hooked to what probably was a boring show. So I watched it when I was bored one day. I was hooked to a good show with a unique storyline and Diverse Characters (I have to say, in many ways, I'm alot like Haruhi) later I found out Tamaki's dubbed voice was VA'd by Vic Mongana...!!! Vic Mongana = Edward Elric! This show was perfect...until Kirimi came along and than hit me in the face with a boulder of reality. The show is a reverse harem. I didn't think of it that way until she said it. I usually don't care because I watch/read things like Kare Kano (My favorite Shoujo ever) and Fruits Basket. What do you guys think about this?

who cares if you like shojo beat and shounen i perfer shojo over shounen frankly! and im a guy ahah ! i just love the love storys aha~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    even though I don't know what anime your talking about but the gender does not matter for the show you watch, I know a couple of boys that watch Tokyo Mew mew and they are actually proud to day they do

:t354:TG

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Pfffft, of course there's nothing wrong with it~ So you're a guy. And so some might consider this epic series "shoujo". Who cares? If you like it, you like it. It shouldn't matter what others think :3

Believe me, there are plenty of series I watch that people would probably question me for watching. But I just ignore them, and continue watching such series.

And besides, you can't deny that twincest if awesome 8D

Years
    So you're a guy. And so some might consider this epic series "shoujo". [/s]

The series of the anime/manga is called Ouran High School Host Club.
    When he means Shojo he is referring to a book that has multiple anime manga series.
    There is Shojo Beat and Shonen Jump.
    Now on-topic: There's nothing wrong with liking/loving this type of series,it's not a bad series. I watched it and I kinda liked it. I have only two books of Shojo Beat,sadly. I have over 7 books of Shonen Jump though,I liked the animes inside the books like One Piece and Naruto. (:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Like any anime you want. I mean I love alot of Shojou anime; Utena, Ouran, Skip beat (<3), Candy Candy...the list goes on. I mean honestly, its a great anime, why shouldn't you like?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    No, there is absolutely nothing wrong with guys liking shoujo, as much as there is no problem with girls loving shonen. I personally like Rumbling Hearts, and a friend of mine adores K-On!

Anime is Anime. :)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    No, there is absolutely nothing wrong with guys liking shoujo, as much as there is no problem with girls loving shonen. I personally like Rumbling Hearts, and a friend of mine adores K-On!

Anime is Anime. :)
    Actually K-on is a moe series making it a seinan (meant for older men 18-40)...same with Rumbling Hearts. Regardless your point still stands.

Brainstorm

I'm not smart; I'm random.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Most American teenage/preteen girls express interest in shounen shows more than shoujo. Shounen shows such as Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, etc.

There is absolutely no problem with a male liking shoujo shows.

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
    It doesn't matter what other people think as long as you enjoy it. And there is nothing wrong with liking Ouran or imagining shippings *sigh* plus y do u care what other people think???

Bay

Years
    Most American teenage/preteen girls express interest in shounen shows more than shoujo. Shounen shows such as Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, etc.

There is absolutely no problem with a male liking shoujo shows.

Haha, I'm also leaning more towards shouen shows (I is feamale, yes). XD

Anyways, many people mention how a lot of their male friends like that show a lot. It is a great show since there are a lot of comedic and emotional scenes. Also, the characters are fun and also deep. I have a tiny bit of a problem with the harem/reverse harem concept thrown in there, but the characters made up for it. XD;

So yeah, doesn't matter if an anime is shouen, shoujo, etc. You like what you like. :)

Back