• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Jasmine REALLY going to take Volkner's place in Platinum?

Do u think jasmine is going to become the new 8th gym leader in platinum

• YES She is

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • NAHH she wont

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Who thinks jasmine is going to take volkens place as the 8 th gym leader why or why not

I personally think she will not simply because she is a steel type gym leader like byron (I think thats his name) the 6th gym leader so i think it anit going to happen

FOR MODERATORS:
    And please before any moderaters close this down i did not put it in pokemon platinum speculation simpley because i wanted a poll and i thought it should get its own thread so it won't be forgotten

Last edited by a moderator:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • But don't forget that she used Magnemite and Magneton. She has changed type before (Rock to Steel), so what's keeping her from chaning to the Electric type? I'm not sure if she will become the new Gym Leader, but I think it would be neat.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bah, I think she won't. Just because she HAPPENS to be in the same city and has some steel typed-Pokemon which also are electric type doesn't mean that she is an automatic candidatet o replace Volkner.

For one, with her 'Amphy'... well, in the GSC games its importance in being in the lighthouse is stressed - so I don't really see them doing a backflip and pulling Amphy out of there...
    Also, from what I've heard, the new Gym Leader will *possibly* be a new character, from what I've heard in the uncomfirmed rumours of Platinum. Jasmince ain't new... although that depends if they will use a new character for the role, ala in Emerald with Wallace being replaced.

However, it's still possible that she could become the Gym Leader there, but find it unlikely - after all, she's only there to visit the lands. Her to move into a new region like that, and abandon her duties in Olivive City just kinda irks me too much to make it seem feasiable.

IMO, Jasmine is only there as one of the numourous references to GSC (if you look they are everywhere - Prof Elm mentioned, man who talks abotu Whirl Islands/Mt moon with Celefairys dancing, an ingame event in GSC, etc - and coding which allows one to get Pokemon from 'JOHTO' suggests a possibility of all of these being a hint towards a GSC remake... maybe). That's all she's there for, IMO.

One will have to wait and see, though.
    We'll most likely go to johto in platinum and jasmine could take us there.
    Right... and Nintendo would do that, instead of making a GS remake, which would get them more money, right? I doubt this for many reasons - one, Johto is not close to Sinnoh when one looks at how the regions are positioned - Kanto is closer. I doubt one is going to see three regions in the one game, and with there's a Johto more than likely there woukld be a Kanto (Pokemon League there). Memory problems, and the simple advantage of another game meaning more $$$ if made and successful - and a GS remake most probably would.

That, and I don't believe that they wouldn't have already mentioned this if this was going to happen as a selling point for Platinum. Instead, they talk of another Battle Frionter sort of thing. And the odd 'new area' - if they mentioned that, surely they would have mentioned Johto as well, it being a bigger selling feature than another route or cave or two.

Again, I think Jasmine is just there for the sake of being there, the programmers thought they'd make a BIG reference to GSC there, on top of all the others. I'm of the opinion is is also part of the many hints towards a (POSSIBLE, mind you) GS remake - whether that will happen remains to be seen.

Years
  • Not sure but it's possible. There are gonna be some changes in Platinum like the Regi thing where they're gonna be available and in Emerald a new Gym Leader came to 8th position, Wallace became Champion and Steven was just a random battle. Pwned him but then again, they could do something like that. Doesn't Crystal count as the GSC remake. Like Yellow was remade for Red/Blue and Emerald was made for Ruby/Sapphire. It would be awesome if they had a G/S/C remake though. Maybe even a R/B/Y/FR/LG remake. They never made another 3rd game for FR/LG. They never made one which featured Blastoise on the cover and come on, everyone has to admit Blastoise over Venusaur in popularity. Most little kids by the game because of the Pokemon on the cover and there are a lot of little kids. I buy it for the better pokemon and the least popular game just to be original.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Like it's been said: The problem is we already have a steel type gym leader. Jasmine is simply a wanderer and an elite contest cordinator in Sinnoh, maybe even this "clue." So, at first I thought maybe yeah, but no, She won't be replacing Volkner. I highly doubt it at this point. =/ And she can't become electric because her signature Pocket Monster is steel, I doubt she'd ever get rid of Steelix. So, I believe a new character we don't know about will be taking Volkner's place. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    If Jasmine would take the job. Who would be the Gym Leader for Olivine? D; Those poor little trainers in the G/S/C possible remake...

Pokemon League: "Sorry, you only have seven badges. You need eight to enter."
    Player: "Wtf!?! There were only 7 leaders!"
    Pokemon League: "Sorry, you only have seven badges. You need eight to enter."

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Doesn't Crystal count as the GSC remake. Like Yellow was remade for Red/Blue and Emerald was made for Ruby/Sapphire. It would be awesome if they had a G/S/C remake though. Maybe even a R/B/Y/FR/LG remake. They never made another 3rd game for FR/LG. They never made one which featured Blastoise on the cover and come on, everyone has to admit Blastoise over Venusaur in popularity. Most little kids by the game because of the Pokemon on the cover and there are a lot of little kids. I buy it for the better pokemon and the least popular game just to be original.

No; Crystal is far from a remake of the Gold/Silver era. the references to a remake of Gold/silver are in similar stead to how they remade FR/LG, in Generation III. They likely made it FR/LG because the two original games that were released in Japan were Pocket Monsters Red and Pocket Monsters Green. In Japan, Pocket Monsters Blue didn't come out until a bit later, which is probably why in the PokeSpe Manga, there are three characters; named Red, Blue and Green, and then Yellow, to round off the opening Generation.

Anyway, for it to count as a remake, it would have to follow the lines of FR/LG; take up the appearance of the current Generation; and bearing this in mind, I believe Jasmine will only play a Cameo role in Platinum; as she did in D/P.

Like it's been said: The problem is we already have a steel type gym leader. Jasmine is simply a wanderer and an elite contest cordinator in Sinnoh, maybe even this "clue." So, at first I thought maybe yeah, but no, She won't be replacing Volkner. I highly doubt it at this point. =/ And she can't become electric because her signature Pocket Monster is steel, I doubt she'd ever get rid of Steelix. So, I believe a new character we don't know about will be taking Volkner's place. ;)

Completely agree. though the Gym Leaders lack consistency with their type, in respects to Pokemon types, (Volkner uses an Octillery) I doubt Jasmine will take the place of Volkner, on the thought that not only do we not know what is happening to the National Dex in Platinum, yet, but we also do not know if there is another "hidden" character that Nintendo "neglected" to mention, in the recent fluctuation of information, regarding Platinum. I don't believe Amphy was her own Pokemon, either, as it was the Lighthouse Pokemon of Olivine City; she was just overly concerned for its well-being.

So in the end, I'm with the "Cameo role" crew, in respects to Jasmine and all the conveniently placed Johto references; from the red Gyarados TV Show, right down to Professor Elm being mentioned for discovering Pokemon Eggs. XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Completely agree. though the Gym Leaders lack consistency with their type, in respects to Pokemon types, (Volkner uses an Octillery) I doubt Jasmine will take the place of Volkner, on the thought that not only do we not know what is happening to the National Dex in Platinum, yet, but we also do not know if there is another "hidden" character that Nintendo "neglected" to mention, in the recent fluctuation of information, regarding Platinum. I don't believe Amphy was her own Pokemon, either, as it was the Lighthouse Pokemon of Olivine City; she was just overly concerned for its well-being.

So in the end, I'm with the "Cameo role" crew, in respects to Jasmine and all the conveniently placed Johto references; from the red Gyarados TV Show, right down to Professor Elm being mentioned for discovering Pokemon Eggs. XD

Just to note: Amphy actually is Jasmine's Pocket Monster. As also shown in the anime when she uses it to light the shore. Just thought I'd drop that by. Another thing, the other type concerning Volkner's replacement, as mentioned... "possibly" would be water for Jasmine. However, the same scenario plays out, we have a water type gym leader in the Sinnoh Region.

Jasmine in all places has used what types of Pocket Monsters?

(Pokémon anime)
    ` Steelix
    ` Magnemite
    ` Ampharos

(Pokémon G/S/C)

` Magnemite
    ` Steelix

And more importantly, she only uses Steelix in contests for Diamond and Pearl.

- Steel type (taken)
    - Electric (Not really possible with just a Steelix, we don't know if she has the Magnemite, but her signature Pocket Monster in there? Yeah, Volk and other gym leaders have different types for diversity. However, Ampharos is obviously not with her. Steelix is not themed for an "electric gym" and Magnemite/Ton/Zone wouldn't exactly fit the best for her either.)
    - Water (taken) So, if you thought hey, what about Corsola or Mantine from Pokémon Stadium 2, oh well, we have a water gym leader.

So, overall, really none of the possible types that would fit her would work out in my opinion.

Back