• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is My Emerald Fake?

SceptileX

Grass Trainer
    Years
    A few years ago, I bought a Pokemon Emerald from Amazon for £14.99.

When I turn it on, it goes through the normal credits ect (The gameplay is normal too) Then when it gets to the 'Title screen' (Showing you your game/Options) It says;

The Game File Has Loaded
    The Game Can Be Played (Or something like that)

Also it often corrupts. When you turn it on sometimes it says;

The Game File Has Been Lost Due To Corruption Or Damage.
    The Game Can Be Played. (Or I think it might be 'The Game File Has Been Erased')

Its really strange, and it often restarts once you've beaten the Elite 4 (If not before that)

(I'll post a pic after I get more posts)

Like I say, the gameplay is fine...

The sticker on the Cartridge isn't shiny. But it came in a shiny box ect. (No Manual)

On the Cartridge it says; AGB-BPEE-USA

and on the back it says (Its 'printed in') Nintendo; MODEL NO. AGB-033. PAT PEND. MADE IN JAPAN.

Thanks!

psychopath002

Bronze League: Fire Gym
    Years
    D=
    I don't think it is fake but rather the cartridge is corrupted or the chippy thing that you can see when you look at the bottom of it is scratched somehow >.>
    That's all I can think of

keitaro10

Spriter/AVENGED SEVENFOLD FAN!
    Years
    I had one exactly like that although you could only save once then load then if you saved again it lost the data:(.
    Mine fitted your description of the cartridge and mine turned out to be fake so yours might be too...

SceptileX

Grass Trainer
    Years
    Thanks, heres a pic;

Is My Emerald Fake?

The Nintendo seal isn't shiny, and it looks... 'squashed'

Are all the games made in Japan?

Last edited:

Akiko

Banned
    Years
    Then it's probably fake. Where did you buy it?. If ever you'd buy one in Ebay or Amazon. Be sure to get some screenshots or video. So you'll not be scammed or something. That's a waste of money though. =/. You should really be careful in buying these things. Especially nowadays. People needs bling-bling or money. It's because money is hard to gain these days. That's why there are many scammers and pirating games or movies and many many more. Also try to watch in youtube. Some of the videos can spot out if your cartridge or game is fake., And it's so sad that you've got a fake one.

Akiko.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'm 99.9% positive its fake because it doesn't have the shiny sticker =/

Next time, when ordering online, always ask for pictures -- if they won't provide them, it's typically a bad sign. I do a lot of video game selling on eBay, and I'm always glad to take more pictures when requested; it's sad how many bootleg sellers get away with it...

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Yup, my friend Scott had one EXACTLY like that, and the second the in-game clock reached 100hrs it wiped/corrupted the file

Ayselipera

The sticker dosn't shine and all the text seems bigger on your cartridge, although I'm not sure if thats just because the picture is very close.
    Next time you should just get your game from the used section of any gamestore.
    Thats where I went to get a few games and I have never had a problem.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Looks pretty fake to me.
    Next time you should just get your game from the used section of any gamestore.
    Thats where I went to get a few games and I have never had a problem.

The used games at game stores (Gamestop, I'm looking at you!) are always SO overpriced, usually it's only $5 more to get the game new. It's such a ripoff that they pay you $2 for a game that they sell for $25 -- I used to work at Gamestop so I'm allowed to complain about them XD

I suppose that's the price you play for insuring that your game will work~

Ayselipera

The used games at game stores (Gamestop, I'm looking at you!) are always SO overpriced, usually it's only $5 more to get the game new. It's such a ripoff that they pay you $2 for a game that they sell for $25 -- I used to work at Gamestop so I'm allowed to complain about them XD

I suppose that's the price you play for insuring that your game will work~

Well when I bought my Yellow there which was a year after it came out it was only $14. But I do agree with you about how they pay you so little for giving them a game.

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
    what u have here is a copied version. someone is copying the game and selling the copies for money. trust me i have looked this up and i know people who do this. it has been copied, it is fake. be careful when buying stuff like this from the internet next time ;)

Back