• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is my pokemon emerald a bootleg?

Prons

Boogiepop Penguin
Years
  • I goofed up and accidentally bought Pokemon Emerald from a seller in Hong Kong :(

Is my pokemon emerald a bootleg?

I know that if it's a bootleg I can't trade directly to D/P, but what if I trade the pokemon from the bootleg cart to my legit fire red? Or trade the legit Fire Red pokemon to the Emerald and back? What'd happen? Would it ruin my pokemon journey forever?

Also, the internal battery on Emerald has run dry, will this gravely effect my pokemon journey?

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
  • Definate bootleg. Rayquazza was never on the cartrige.
    Anyways, trading might work, but, I'd just be afraid of it screwing up your other games. O.o

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Rayquaza was on the Pokemon Emerald packaging, but not on the cart.

That's why it's better to get a real Pokemon Game from a shop you know and trust. Those dodgy internet types.

Years
  • In my mind bootleg copies usually come in dingy Grey cartridges but I don't trust the ones you get from market stools and by the the look of that image of the cart the sticker has not been put on straight, also I agree that on the cart there should be no Rayquaza on it!

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    eBay?

If you got it from eBay, you need to report it, I doubt they can get you the money back. Specially if it comes from whom, I expect it came from. But, eBay may look into it, and suspend that seller, and the seller if they think they are legitimate, may try to work with you.

The fact the sticker is on weird is what makes me think bootleg.

Sorry friend. I feel for you.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • If you got that from ebay it is most certainly a fake. I got a ruby version from someone in hongkong and it kept messing up on me. That's a pirated game and you should report it.

Back