• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is my Shaymin legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I received a Lv. 30 Shaymin (holding an Amulet Coin) on GTS for a Lv. 1 Arcanine today, and someone told me that it might not be legit. Apparently the OT was from Japan, so the Pokémon's name is シェイミ.

Trainer Memo:
    Bold nature.
    Apr. 18, 2009
    Flower Paradise
    Apparently had a
    fateful encounter at
    Lv. 30.
    Good endurance.
    Likes sour food.

It knows Magical Leaf, Air Cutter, Quick Attack, and Growth. Please help me! This is concerning me because my friend told me that hacked Pokémon could ruin my game.

By the way, if you were wondering, I was able to obtain the Gracidea from the lady in Floaroma Town.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Level 30 Shaymin can only be obtained through the Member's Pass event item on a Diamond or Pearl game cartridge, except that the item has only been released to Platinum. So yes, that Shaymin is probably hacked in one form or another.

However, your friend was incorrect in saying that it would ruin your game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Level 30 Shaymin can only be obtained through the Member's Pass event item on a Diamond or Pearl game cartridge, except that the item has only been released to Platinum. So yes, that Shaymin is probably hacked in one form or another.

However, your friend was incorrect in saying that it would ruin your game.

The Member's Pass is used to obtain Darkrai. Oak's Letter is used to obtain Shaymin. Also, are you sure my friend is incorrect?

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
  • I double-checked your post, and I don't see why this Shaymin wouldn't be legit (they have already done the Oak's Letter Wi-Fi event in Japan) but it may not (could be cloned or created with PokéSav.)

And don't worry, hacked Pokémon have a very low chance of destroying your game (a friend of mine has some wickedly hacked Pokémon, for example a Metagross with Shadow Force or a Pupitar with Fly, among others, and nothing has happened to his game so far.) This friend even gave a "full team" of hacked Pokémon (he used the Pokémon Modifier AR Hack) and nothing has happened to my Platinum (I'm even training some of them.)

EDIT: Wait a second! If only the movie (event) Shaymin can get you the Gracidea Flower, then how come it was found at the Flower Paradise (an in-game place) if it was got from a real life event? That doesn't make any sense at all!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The Member's Pass is used to obtain Darkrai. Oak's Letter is used to obtain Shaymin. Also, are you sure my friend is incorrect?

My mistake. I actually get the two confused quite a bit.

Yes, the actual hacked Pokemon itself does not normally have the coding necessary to do so, especially if all that was hacked for was the Oak's Letter.

I double-checked your post, and I don't see why this Shaymin wouldn't be legit (they have already done the Oak's Letter Wi-Fi event in Japan)

Only for Platinum, where Shaymin is found at level 50.

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • The Shaymin could have been obtained through the E4 Glitch or through Tweaking.
    Yeah, this seems like the most logical explanation. These are considered hacked in the Trade Corner, just so you know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I double-checked your post, and I don't see why this Shaymin wouldn't be legit (they have already done the Oak's Letter Wi-Fi event in Japan) but it may not (could be cloned or created with PokéSav.)

And don't worry, hacked Pokémon have a very low chance of destroying your game (a friend of mine has some wickedly hacked Pokémon, for example a Metagross with Shadow Force or a Pupitar with Fly, among others, and nothing has happened to his game so far.) This friend even gave a full "team" of hacked Pokémon (he used the Pokémon Modifier AR Hack) and nothing has happened to my Platinum (I'm even training some of them.)

Edit: Wait a second! If only the movie (event) Shaymin can get you the Gracidea Flower, then how come it was found at the Flower Paradise (an in-game place) if it was got from a real life event? That doesn't make any sense at all!!!

Any Shaymin can get you the Gracidea flower.

Last edited:

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
  • Any Shaymin can get you the Garcedia flower.

That isn't true. From what I know, any Shaymin can use it, but ONLY the event/movie Shaymin can make you get it.

As a proof, I can tell you that I just tried it with my Shaymin (got with the Pokémon Modifier hack) and it didn't work. She didn't give me anything. I will also try to get you a link for more proof.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...How did I manage to miss this...?

Trainer Memo:
    Bold nature.
    Apr. 18, 2009
    Flower Paradise
    Apparently had a
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]fateful encounter[/S-HIGHLIGHT] at
    Lv. 30.
    Good endurance.
    Likes sour food.

Yes, the Shaymin is hacked. Any Shaymin caught at the Flower Paradise should say "Apparently met" when obtained in a trade.

This also explains how it unlocked the Gracidea, as only the "fateful encounter" Shaymin should be able to do so, not those caught in the Flower Paradise.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    That isn't true. From what I know, any Shaymin can use it, but ONLY the event/movie Shaymin can make you get it.

As a proof, I can tell you that I just tried it with my Shaymin (got with the Pokémon Modifier hack) and it didn't work. She didn't give me anything. I will also try to get you a link for more proof.

Sorry, let me rephrase, lol

Any legit event shaymin will unlock the gracidea. wondercard shaymin is an event.

Nevermind, Forci has it right

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Well I have the japanese version of the game and I don't think that's a hack at all, here is the info on the one I caught myself:
    Shaymin's name is in japanese
    lv30 quiet nature
    flower paradise
    apparently had a faithful encounter at lv30
    Impetuous and silly
    Likes dry food

And this shaymin was traded from my platinum game to my pearl game and still says that, not apperently met!!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I have verified the above quote personally. So, would you care to revise your statement?

Well if you have a wi-fi connection I'll meet you on there and prove it, as you can see I have no platinum fc in my sig.
    As a matter of fact I have 2 of them, I restarted my game to get another.

No I won't revise it, I got 2 of them personal myself, so I know what level they are.
    It's lv 30 not 50!!

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I thought I took that fc out because of the confusion while trading.
    And I'll be more than happy to let you check them, I caught both of these myself, so I know, I have had the japanese game since it came out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Never mind, it seems as though I am even more out of my mind than I had originally thought.

According to Serebii.net, the Shaymin in Platinum will appear at Level 30 and will unlock the Gracidea Flower.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011

From what I've heard, if your Shaymin is hacked, you can't receive the Gracidea (I didn't mention this in the first post because I wasn't sure if it was true or not). By the way, did you already have the Gracidea when you tried this?

Thank you for that, I was right to say that the shaymin he has seems to be legit.

Thank you for your help!

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • I think that it is legit because in bulbapedia, I read that the Oak's letter is already release in Japan. There are ONLY 2 types of shaymin that can get the Gracidea, one is the event shaymin, but there is another shaymin that get the Gracidea. If you use the oak's letter (in Platinum) you can catch the legit shaymin, and that shaymin can be used to get the gracidea. That means that only the shaymin from Platinum's flower paradise can activate the Gracidea. If you transfer a shaymin from D/P flower paradise you can't get the gracidea

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back