• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is my Shaymin legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    If you'd like I can check it and compare it to mine??

What do you need to compare?

I think that it is legit because in bulbapedia, I read that the Oak's letter is already release in Japan. There are ONLY 2 types of shaymin that can get the Gracidea, one is the event shaymin, but there is another shaymin that get the Gracidea. If you use the oak's letter (in Platinum) you can catch the legit shaymin, and that shaymin can be used to get the gracidea. That means that only the shaymin from Platinum's flower paradise can activate the Gracidea. If you transfer a shaymin from D/P flower paradise you can't get the gracidea

Go to this site. Click the button that reads "Pokémon" then click the button that says "Shaymin". On page 4 of 4 is a guide on how to get the Gracidea.

EDIT:
    ...How did I manage to miss this...?

Yes, the Shaymin is hacked. Any Shaymin caught at the Flower Paradise should say "Apparently met" when obtained in a trade.

This also explains how it unlocked the Gracidea, as only the "fateful encounter" Shaymin should be able to do so, not those caught in the Flower Paradise.

I don't think that means anything. The Lv. 100 Regigigas that I got from Toys R' Us says the same thing in its Trainer Memo, but it's obviously legit.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back