• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is my team any good? If not where can I improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi all, still a new kid on the block to these forums.

Been a longtime pokemon player so I already knew what a few of my favorites were. This is my team so far that i'd tend to rely on when playing against friends.

Would some of you be able to offer your opinions? (even negative ones i'm all for honesty!)

And if there's a proper place to post threads like this I apologize in advance, I'll shift this over to where it needs to go if someone gives me a heads up :)

EDIT: Not so much focus on levels of the party; more about the overall performance when used in standard level 50 capped battles

Years
    I wouldn't use so many Pokémon with the same weakness. I could wipe out 4/6 Pokémon with a Water/Ice type with high Speed and Sp. Atk.
    For instance if I were to use Lapras with Ice Beam and Surf I could take out Salamence, Garchomp, Arcanine and Tyranitar, with a Fire/? Tank Pokémon to back me up for when you switch to Metagross or Magnezone.

Years
    I wouldn't use so many Pokémon with the same weakness. I could wipe out 4/6 Pokémon with a Water/Ice type with high Speed and Sp. Atk.
    For instance if I were to use Lapras with Ice Beam and Surf I could take out Salamence, Garchomp, Arcanine and Tyranitar, with a Fire/? Tank Pokémon to back me up for when you switch to Metagross or Magnezone.

I was suspecting that'd be the first port of call, what if i were to switch out Tyranitar for my Blastoise or Raichu? I'd tend to lean towards the latter to compensate for the obvious weakness. I've also got a Luxray sitting in one of my boxes but I don't find it as useful with its speed being its weakest point.

Years
    Would go with Blastoise, personally.
    If you go with Raichu or Luxray, Ground is strong against Steel, Fire, Electricity, Rock, and Poison. You wouldn't get much further with that.

Edit: Although Magnezone probably has Levitate and Metagross has a very high defense.

Years
    Would go with Blastoise, personally.
    If you go with Raichu or Luxray, Ground is strong against Steel, Fire, Electricity, Rock, and Poison. You wouldn't get much further with that.

Edit: Although Magnezone probably has Levitate and Metagross has a very high defense.

Also a valid point.

Magnezone is ground resistant with levitate so with that along with it being extremely resistant to the majority of other types I saw that as a no-brainer for my team.

I've had a thing going with my teams recently however where I avoid starters and legendaries (don't ask why I like to keep it fun and different from the norm!) so if I were to look for a water-type replacement for Tyranitar what other strong options are there not including Blastoise? I also have a Gyarados that I could easily switch in but then I could be running into trouble if I came up against a strong opponent with Dragon Rush / Outrage :|

EDIT: Magnezone has Magnet Rise; not an anti-ground ability unfortunately but i'd still be hard pressed to find a better replacement for a defensive pokemon. It has Sturdy as its ability.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I think that it's really hard to judge your team without being able to see their attacks/natures and held items.

Having a lot of one type isn't necessarily a bad thing (especially in 6v6 battle).

Years
    I think that it's really hard to judge your team without being able to see their attacks/natures and held items.

Having a lot of one type isn't necessarily a bad thing (especially in 6v6 battle).

Info are as follows (items just now are power boosting for particular types not looked too much into them yet):

Salamence
    Ability = Intimidate
    Nature = Timid
    Dragon Breath, Crunch, Fly, Zen Headbutt

Arcanine
    Ability = Intimidate
    Nature = Quirky
    Flame Burst, Outrage, Heat Wave, Crunch

Garchomp
    Ability = Sand Veil
    Nature = Hasty
    Sandstorm, Dragon Rush, Earthquake, Dig

Magnezone
    Ability = Sturdy
    Nature = Bold
    Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise, Mirror Shot

Metagross
    Ability = Clear Body
    Nature = Sassy
    Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hammer Arm

Tyranitar
    Ability = Sand Stream
    Nature = Sassy
    Dark Pulse, Thrash, Sandstorm, Earthquake

blue

gucci
    Years
    Looks like you've got a strong bunch of Pokémon with a few vulnerabilities there, however this isn't the place to post these types of threads. If you're wanting advice regarding Team structure then I'd suggest posting in the Battle Center.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back