• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is PBR worth the buy?

Is PBR worth it?

• Total voters
Years
  • Hey all,
    I'm a hardcore Pokemon fan. I have most the games, I battle on Shoddy, I come with strategies and the like and I own Diamond.
    Very soon, I will be getting a new game and PBR looks like a good choice. However, generally negative reveiws from critics has put me off.

So tell me, as a hardcore Pokemon fan, is PBR worth it? Is it something you can come back to, or is it something you won't bother about after you beat Stargazer?

Leave good answers, not just "yeh pkmn z gud geddit den get on wifi noa"

Last edited:

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • yeh pkmn z gud geddit den get on wifi noa

Well I think if you like pokemon, and like pokemon battles in 3d you should get it.
    But remember don't always hold other's opinions higher then your own. If you want it, get it.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • It's good, but once you complete it, it's only good with WiFi
    And obviously, don't get it if you don't have Diamond or Pearl, because,if you wanna play it properly, you need to trade over your Pokemon.

I say get it, it's still fun without WiFi, but it's a hell of a lot better with.

Also, as Pkmn_kinght said, you'll enjoy it if you like battling in 3d. As there is no storyline, it is just battling. So if your favorite parts of the game are the storyline parts, then this game wont seem as good. But if you like battling, then this is the game for you.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Well, it really depends on what your looking for in it,
    If you just want to play around and have some battles every now and then, its a good buy.
    But if you want an all out pokemon bonanza then don't expect much from it...

I'll say Yes, as I enjoy playing the game.

Years
  • Its good, and there isnt much else to get on wii at the moment.

Its very limited and the 'Story' mode will be over before you know it. (Except Rental *sigh*)

Wi-fi is okay but random battles just give you alot of kid with Uberz.

There is a couple of decent pokemon for you to grab too and it has some good customization.

I'd say get it.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Although a lot more could be added to it, I voted "Yes", for a few reasons.

1. Playing online in 3D is a nice change of pace from DS and such. Sucks you get to see your opponent's team and they get to see yours though....

2. Practice. There's a lot of different modes, it reminds me of the Battle Frontier. (And moreso, the Battle Frontier in Platinum.) It's a tad more refreshing than the Battle Tower, and you get to play in very cool environments.

3. Points. As you battle you get these "Coupons" you can spend on stuff, like TMs and rare berries, just like in Colosseum, which can be helpful. Especially if you need another TM you've used up in your handheld game.

4. Trainer avatars. This is a neat feature, I just wish you could customize it even more...

But then that's it. No big selection of rental Pokemon, minigames, Gym Leader Tower, etc. that made Stadium so great.

Me want Stadium Wii!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • If you like games like XD and Colloseum, I don't think its the choice for you. If you like battling, JUST battling, get it. If you really like storyline stuff, don't get it.
    I don't really like PBR. I sold it. I say PBR is worth the rent.
    Wi-fi is okay, but, as Skii said, you mostly get a lot of kids with ubers.
    But hey, thats my opinion.
    @ DDD: We all want Stadium for Wii. xD

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • It's good if you like hardcore battling. Get it I say.

Zennyo Ryūō

In love with CoD - WaW. XD
    Years
  • If you don't have Diamond and Pearl, it's not for you. If you have Diamond or Pearl, it's also not for you. There's not much point to it. There are no real added features other than online play and "story" mode.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ohhi, I have never played the game, but I'm hardcore too! (not really, I just know alot about consoles)

..... No.

PBR is pretty much worth it if you're up for graphics. However, buy it early because I smell another House console game next year. It's been some time since its release no? The features really do make it worth-while. So I say buy it before it's too late.

suszika

Nothing Too Hard To Get.....
    Years
  • it gets a bit boring after a while once youve done a few battles it feels like its the same because theres no storyline to it like pokemon collessum its just battles

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Although I do not own the game, I have played it at my friends house. It becomes incredibly boring after the first half an hour of gameplay. Imo, it is not worth it. You can do pretty much the same thing on DS Wifi.

Back