• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is PC for Beginners? Should It Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm just going to chime in and say that Kikpanther makes good points. Rather than write crazy long posts making out that they're spewing evil lies about everything, look for the truth. Because any and all of the improvements they are suggesting would never hinder the community here, and only serve to help it.

There are flaws in RPT, there are flaws in most areas on PC. Accept that there is truth there rather than working so hard to deny it. I can see the mods are already on that path judging by the new skype thread.

RPT can seem intimidating to some new members. Of course some aren't intimidated, continue to post, and those are the ones replying here. Those who were intimidated and left probably aren't lurking ready to respond :c.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I thought I was done here, until I read the following.

The edited list I received was made out to be accurate by both GreyBidoof and Ice.

Actually, I was refuting your claim that the current roleplays are made up of the same group of people. I did so by quoting a list that you provided yourself, in your previous post. I never mentioned accuracy, only that your own provided information contradicted your claims.

It was called the active users list.

By whom? Here's what I said:

So, from of this list, we have:

- 13 roleplays
    - 10 different GMs
    - 143 player characters (Assuming each player only had one. I think I counted this right)
    - 74 individual players.

Don't believe me? Here's the players list you provided, without repeated names.

I don't see anything about me calling it an "active users list". In the case that you are implying you said that, here was your comment on the previous list of roleplays I sourced the data from:

As for the RPs made for certain people thing:

*DISCLAIMER: These lists are taken from the OP so please take into account any name changes. All of these lists are from RPs that are closed for applications/started/were made in 2015.

[list here]

There's variation here and there, but I think you can see there is a lot of the same people. It may not be intentional (and technically it's not against the rules) but it's happening.

I still don't see any mention of "active users" You were commenting on who was signing up for roleplays. That is not synonymous with being active in the theater, as people still post IC and participate in discussion.

If that was the case, all of the information on it should be accurate.

Based on the information you gave, it was. I was not attempting to provide you with any new statistics or do your research for you, merely pointing out that what you had presented was contrary to your point.

If there is a known name change or duplicates then that should be edited into the list to reflect the reality of the membership for the RPC. If you consider me a member who only just returned you can't honestly expect me to know every single name change that may or may not be on the list or know which RPs are slower than others.

Meanwhile back in my post...

Don't believe me? Here's the players list you provided, without repeated names.

Not sure what that's about then.

I showed where I got my information from. Based off of the searches the re-edited list is accurate.

As many members have pointed out, it isn't.

People who are crossed out that have logged in the forum recently are crossed out because they haven't posted in the RPT for over a month, which I stated. I don't think you can honestly be considered an active member in the forum if you have been absent for a month unless you've been working on a single post for an entire month. I haven't crossed out any other names other than those, so I don't understand where you got the "treating people who have been gone for a week the same as people who have been gone for months" idea from. People who have notable lengths of absences (which are all over a week with the exception of one person) have their last post noted. They aren't crossed out. They're still considered somewhat active members, but it reflects the current state of the membership here if they have been absent for a long time.

Here's the list again, with my own notes added.

Spoiler:

If the list of active users was inaccurate the moment GreyBidoof gave it to me I don't see how you could expect for it to be suddenly accurate when I edit it based on the information I was given. I also don't see how you could expect me to know who changed their name when and to what if you think that I've only just returned to the forum.

Regardless of how accusatory that sounds, I'm going to repeat that I did not give you any information. Rather, I gave you back your own information, but with the RP titles removed and the duplicate players removed, for clarity. As for name changes, I don't think anyone expected you to know them or to go back and try to rework your previous argument using them.

Honestly, I've been on the forum since at least 2013 and since the creation of the RPT Chat on Skype I've only really tried to keep up with people's Skype names. I only keep up with usernames if they're someone I regularly talk to. Even if I was posting as often as everyone else, if I don't talk to everyone on the forum regularly, I'm not really sure how I'm expected to keep up with every single name change.

Honestly this part surprised me, considering the claims you've made about the problems within the RPT. From what I can tell, most of the errors made here were from simply being uninformed about the current status of the RPT. I'd encourage you to hang out with us some more; you'll get the chance to be part of the change you desire, and who knows, maybe your opinions may even change some. There are plenty of beginners and regulars alike who would love to interact with you, I'm sure.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • For those of you renouncing that the RPC doesn't have an elitism problem, I'm sorry to say but it always has and it always will. It was there when I first started, I can tell you first hand that I was a major part of it during my tenure here and no doubt it has obviously resurfaced again.

However instead of criticising each other, pointing the blame finger and turning a blind eye, we need to work together as a community to come up with ways to help alleviate such grievances arising and make the RPC better.

This is in no way an intentional means of flaming, more an attempt to turn a negative into a positive. Anyone can play the blame game, but it takes just one person to come up with a solution.

To finish with a quote from mean girls:

" I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To avoid derailing the original purpose of the thread, I will lock this now. It's of course okay to start up new threads if you feel like you can pinpoint a good topic to discuss in a civil manner though!

(:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back