• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Phione Legendary?

Is Phione Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i voted yes because i think its a legendary that breaks the rules and can mother children which is a bit more realistic however i can see your point because some people consider lucario as a legendary however he can mother/father children aswell so im not really that sure....

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Stats do NOT MATTER if it's a legend or not, neither does gender, Cresselia and Heatran both have genders

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Manafy is legendary because it has this result:

• 1 per game: YES
    • Breed: YES
    • Evolve: NO
    • Pokedex: YES
    It also is true that while stats do not have anything to do with being legendary, it does affect if it is an uber or not. Manafy is uber and Phione is not. However, this is just for interest as neither are any of the pokemon enterable for battle towever with the exception of Latias and Latios.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, stats don't matter, otherwise Entei wouldn't be legendary gang.

I'd say it's legendary...no reason, I just think making complex formula stuff for this is nuts.

Gender means nothing, look at the Lati@s. 1 a game? Does that even matter?

Breeding...I don't get this either. How does breeding have to do with it being a legendary? Besides, this topic goes beyond just the games. Remember, pokemon has a manga, anime, etc. as well.

Pokedex...lol wut

1 per game? Eh, more like one in existance or something. But really, I;m not feeling this either.

Evolve? No legendaries evolve, neither does Phoine...eh.

I don't know, I'm not feeling this whole formula deal.

Also, saying it's a weaker version of Manaphy proves nothing. Again, if stats mattered, Entei would be as non-legendary as they come.

What this thread is proving to me is that Nintendo has made too many legends...and pokemon for that matter.

But I vote YES.

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Yeah, stats don't matter, otherwise Entei wouldn't be legendary gang.

I'd say it's legendary...no reason, I just think making complex formula stuff for this is nuts.
    I based the 'formula' on the general aspects shared by most legendary pokemon.

Gender means nothing, look at the Lati@s. 1 a game? Does that even matter?
    Well, would you consider Regirock to be legendary if it had a gender and could be caught numerous times in the wild

Breeding...I don't get this either. How does breeding have to do with it being a legendary? Besides, this topic goes beyond just the games. Remember, pokemon has a manga, anime, etc. as well.
    This thread is mainly based on the game definition of legendary. There is another thread for if pokemon are legendary in the philosophical sense

Pokedex...lol wut
    I decided to put that in as an afterthought. As most Legendaries are near the end this helps cancel out some other candidates. If you really have a problem with it then just ignore it.

1 per game? Eh, more like one in existance or something. But really, I;m not feeling this either.
    You do realise you already made this point.

Evolve? No legendaries evolve, neither does Phoine...eh.
    I never said it did.

I don't know, I'm not feeling this whole formula deal.
    You are repeating yourself again.

Also, saying it's a weaker version of Manaphy proves nothing. Again, if stats mattered, Entei would be as non-legendary as they come.
    I said stats DID NOT matter.

What this thread is proving to me is that Nintendo has made too many legends...and pokemon for that matter.
    So you would just stop making games in one of the most popular franchises in the world would you.

But I vote YES.

I rest my case. Phione is not legendary. But you are welcome to have your own views on the matter.

Years
    I personally would not consider it legendary. But really most legendaries are only proclaimed legendary by fans, so really who knows?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You realize the greatest speakers of all time used repetition? Though the 1 a game thing was an accident...

You never rested any case really. Most of what I said wasn't even aimed at you, but at the formula in general. In that sense, you took it out of context. for example, you immediately assume I want Nintendo to shut down pokemon. I, for one, don't really appreciate that. Notice OTHER people were moaning about the stats, assuming this is all aimed at you is pretty bogus.

And yes, Regirock would be legendary. After all, you can catch and transfer tons of any legendary pokemon from one game to another.

And once again, how is this formula is any way official? the game doesn't even have a definition of legendaries, making a formula up and then declaring something legendary or not legendary proves what?

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Ok you're asking for it now.

You realize the greatest speakers of all time used repetition? Though the 1 a game thing was an accident...

You never rested any case really. Most of what I said wasn't even aimed at you, but at the formula in general. In that sense, you took it out of context. for example, you immediately assume I want Nintendo to shut down pokemon. I, for one, don't really appreciate that. Notice OTHER people were moaning about the stats, assuming this is all aimed at you is pretty bogus.
    Well you did say that Nintendo had made too many pokemon...

And yes, Regirock would be legendary. After all, you can catch and transfer tons of any legendary pokemon from one game to another.
    1 a game means that you cannot get more without trading or restarting.

And once again, how is this formula is any way official?
    It's not. Fair point.

the game doesn't even have a definition of legendaries, making a formula up and then declaring something legendary or not legendary proves what?
    My reasons for thinking if it is legendary or not legendary.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years

And once again, how is this formula is any way official? the game doesn't even have a definition of legendaries, making a formula up and then declaring something legendary or not legendary proves what?

Actually, certain Pokemon are said to be legendary in the games, anime, and the manga. It is even used to define some Pokemon on wikipedia. But, I'll agree with that formula isn't official, what I think he was pointing out is that those points are a good way to identify a legendary; since lots of them share those attributes.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Who cares? It's cute, an offspring of a Legendary, not powerful, and has the same base stats of Glalie. I personally think it's a Legendary, but I'd appreciate if you didn't use phrases like "You're going to get it now" or "You're asking for it now." Threats are not cool Minos Yewman. kthanxbai

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ok you're asking for it now.

Asking for it? It's called "having a different opinion" and I get REALLY mad when people can't realize that not everybody is going to be all peachy-happy in agreement.

And you can catch Lapras only once is GSC, it's not a legendary.

Just because I think Nintendo has made too many pokemon doesn't mean I want them to shut things down, my point stands.

And it's YOUR formula, YOUR opinion. If I disagree with it, don't go "well teh are ask1ng for it nowz0rz!!!"

And I think Loquacity's post just kind of ended the argument anyways...

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I said I'm sorry!!! I realise that I have been wrong in certain situations. I also realise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I simply want to find out what other people think.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    okey if you think manaphy is not legendary then you dont think phion is since manaphy is legendary phion is. but people have different opinions about it.

blubergate

Knowledgeable Pokemon Master!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    ok i am pretty sure that phione IS legendary. my point is that you need a ranger event to get Manaphy and u need him to get phione so thearetically you need an event to get phione, ummmmmmm, does anyone get my point?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I disagree with many here...

Phione in my eyes is a legendary Pokemon, yes stats are below mediorce, you can get it countless times...but that doesn't deture it's label from gamefreak as 'legendary'. Though those are fine ways to label a legend. As many of the uber tier, are legendary.

Though think about it, Manaphy IS legendary, even in the Pokemon dot com mailbag they confirm that, along with rotom not being legendary, anyways...manaphy is legendary so how can it's offspring not be, for your information, YOU look like your parents, have traits of them and probably are in some cass exactly like them in ways...

Phione doesn't have that power, that folk lore story...yet its parent, is legendary, picture this. Manaphy in the sea to it's legendary palace "home". phione is with it, and say we lived in a Pokemon world for a minute. Say you cuaght a phione, as a fisher when are you just going to go "meh, it's a phione". (like a magikarp) no! your going to be excited that you got a phione that would be rare in the pokemon world and comes from a legend.

Remember folks, we ARE in a pokemon world, we're in the game... I think all this "oh its stats are low" is a bunch of you know. In the perpective of you playing a video game your looking at it wrong. Take the perpective of it in the world. You think you'll see a bagillion phione in the sea, No. Phione to me, is classified as a legend to it's rarity IN WORLD perpective. I believe if the parent is legend, so is the child, as the child CAME from the parent, thus being it's status. Phione is depicted as an angel in the sea, are angels to you common and normal like everyone else? I dont think so...

In the battle real world perpective, phione is banned from the sinnoh battle tower, hmmmm....think of that?

But alas, just my opinion...great discussion, thank you for making this thread. I enjoyed it.

So you know, we could create an in-between zone, over normal under 'perfect' legendary, idk just a thought....

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I disagree with many here...

Phione in my eyes is a legendary Pokemon, yes stats are below mediorce, you can get it countless times...but that doesn't deture it's label from gamefreak as 'legendary'. Though those are fine ways to label a legend. As many of the uber tier, are legendary.

Though think about it, Manaphy IS legendary, even in the Pokemon dot com mailbag they confirm that, along with rotom not being legendary, anyways...manaphy is legendary so how can it's offspring not be, for your information, YOU look like your parents, have traits of them and probably are in some cass exactly like them in ways...
    I am of the opinion that Phione is not a 'child' of Manaphy, more a genetic fault. Ditto fails to copy Manaphy's genes right so a crossbreed is created. Also Phione is taller and heavier than Manaphy so this ruins the 'child' theory in my opinion.

Phione doesn't have that power, that folk lore story...yet its parent, is legendary, picture this. Manaphy in the sea to it's legendary palace "home". phione is with it, and say we lived in a Pokemon world for a minute. Say you cuaght a phione, as a fisher when are you just going to go "meh, it's a phione". (like a magikarp) no! your going to be excited that you got a phione that would be rare in the pokemon world and comes from a legend.
    It does not actually appear in a legend and feebas is also rare, but is it legendary?

Remember folks, we ARE in a pokemon world, we're in the game... I think all this "oh its stats are low" is a bunch of you know. In the perpective of you playing a video game your looking at it wrong. Take the perpective of it in the world. You think you'll see a bagillion phione in the sea, No. Phione to me, is classified as a legend to it's rarity IN WORLD perpective. I believe if the parent is legend, so is the child, as the child CAME from the parent, thus being it's status. Phione is depicted as an angel in the sea, are angels to you common and normal like everyone else? I dont think so...

In the battle real world perpective, phione is banned from the sinnoh battle tower, hmmmm....think of that?

But alas, just my opinion...great discussion, thank you for making this thread. I enjoyed it.
    This is also just my opinion

So you know, we could create an in-between zone, over normal under 'perfect' legendary, idk just a thought....

As I said, everyone is free to their own opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I am of the opinion that Phione is not a 'child' of Manaphy, more a genetic fault. Ditto fails to copy Manaphy's genes right so a crossbreed is created. Also Phione is taller and heavier than Manaphy so this ruins the 'child' theory in my opinion.

Umm, wasn't John Henry born about as big as a full grown adult? I'm asking this because you mentioned that it ruined the child theory, when it can still be theoretically possible to be that size and still be it's child.

It does not actually appear in a legend and feebas is also rare, but is it legendary?

Umm, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew also don't actually appear in legends either, and they are still listed as Legendaries even BY game standards despite that (in fact, i think the legendaries only started actually appearing in legends by the time of G/S/C, which even then, only the legendaries of that Gen got that honor). You do have a point on Feebas, though.

I understand that it's your opinion, I just wanted to point some stuff out. No offense to you, of course.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    nah, i don't count phione as anything even remotely legendary.

i count it as a normal pokemon, i mean, sure you can't catch it in the wild, but you can't do that with riolu's, either, or starters. or a ot of the pre-evolved and evolved forms of older pokemon (like bonsly and magmortar)

but i have to stop rambilng. phione doesn't qualify as legendary to me, end of chain.

Now, I'm off To Break into The Elder Scrolls Library.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back