• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is pokémon your favorite franchise?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Simple question, maybe not so simple answer :)

Out of all the things you might consider yourself a fan of, are you most devoted to the pokémon fandom/franchise or some other?

Years
  • I would say I am. While there are other franchises I do tend to like, i've been with Pokémon since the beginning and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I don't talk about it with people in public that much, though.

Years
  • Pokemon is my number one thing, and I always liked it since I was 4/5ish. I really got into the whole pokemon business the past 4 years, like really into it. I buy all my pokemon games 4th gen and up. I do buy other merch such as plushes and the TCG. Heck, I even play the TCGO.

Sonic is my second favorite (not a big fan on the fandom though)

Years
  • Pokemon is my number one devoted franchise, because it's been with me since discovering it. I'm part of quite a lot of fandoms as evidenced by my Tumblr page but Pokemon's the one I'm always true to.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Pokémon is not my #1. After thinking about it, I can probably place it in my Top 5. I would have to say probably #4 but I'm not 100% sure until I've thought about it more.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Personally, being a Pokémon fan is simply an extension of my Nintendo fanboyism in general, but if I must be more specific, it probably goes something like this:

1) Legend of Zelda
    2) Metroid
    3) Pokémon
    4) Fire Emblem
    5) Disney Animated Canon

That last one's a little off the wall, but you get my drift. XD

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • 2nd to Touhou Project, though that's sort of slipping back, so I think Pokemon will take #1 again. X)

I only started with Diamond, but I quickly went backwards, through to Crystal, FireRed, Red, etc etc. I grew more and more into the series as a whole, getting into things like getting up to date news, trawling around Serebii, and all that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon is definitely one of my favorite franchises. It's actually my most favorite, to be honest. There's plenty of other things I like, such as Star Fox, F-Zero, Super Mario, and Legend of Zelda, but nothing could ever be compared to this. Been introduced to it when I was six or so when my dad gifted me Blue version, and have clung to Pokémon ever since. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think it might be third after Kingdom Hearts and Tales. Pokémon is probably my #1 nostalgic franchise but I don't keep up with it all that closely, to be honest. I used to buy all the side games, tons of merch, and so on but now I play the main generations once and forget about it until the next major release.

Years
  • If we're talking about all time, then I can easily say that Pokemon is my favorite franchise. Of course, there have been certain points of time (including right now) where my interest in it fades a bit and other things capture my interest, but Pokemon is the only thing I can think of that I've loved for such a long time, and I don't see that going away any time soon.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yup! Pokemon has been my childhood favorite, so I have a special attachment with it. While there have been phases in which I gained more interest on certain franchises (Axis Powers Hetalia, Disney etc.), at the end of it all, I'll always return back to Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would probably say Pokémon is in my wibbly wobbly top 3. Right now, Doctor Who is ridiculously high on my list, but as I'm still fairly new to it I don't dare to say for how long it'll be like that ;) Homestuck is still in the top spot. Homestuck is the best there is. Pokémon is great, but I'm not really actively into it anymore, at least not the gaming or anime. I read manga from time to time and I still love forum roleplaying with pokémon and talking about them on the PokéCommunity. So yeah, top 3, probably.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Wether Pokémon is my #1 or not is hard to say because all of my favorite franchises are kind of all my #1. So I guess I would say yes, Pokémon is my #1 along with SeaWorld, The Big Bang Theory, My Little Pony, and Doctor Who. Though Pokémon has been around the longest.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Probably. In all honesty I've never followed any franchise as much as this, so yes. In fact, I think I wouldn't lurk about in the PC forums if it wasn't so, so I think that must be the truth of it.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Pokemon is on the list of my most favorite franchises, but unfortunately, it's not my #1 favorite. I'm not saying I'm growing out of Pokemon, the game gives me far too much inspiration with ideas and it's strategy thinking is what excelerates me. I might never grow out of it. It's not my #1, but its SO close.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • As a gaming franchise, not even close. As a pop culture icon? I'm a bit more behind it that way than anything. I find silly Tumblr fanart to be way more interesting than anything coming out of Game Freak. Still love the Pokemonamie, though. This generation's had some good things come along with it, which is great and all, but I'm definitely more in it for fan musings and irony at this point.

Back