• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is pokemon,a girl show or not?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Pokemon has always been a show for everyone, and everyone can enjoy it.
    It's just that they knew that the difference in the number of viewers between both genders were too wide, and therefore they decided to make its market intensive towards appealing to boys first.

But later on, they saw the increasing number, and the potential of it being very attractive to female viewers too, so they balanced out the elements in the anime so that it appeals to both genders.

I like how both genders are getting closer to each other in terms of thinking than they were.
    As time passes, girls like battles more than they did, and guys like contests more than they did.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • they wanted it to be more girl friendly (evident of contest introduction) but i think the girl charicters put too much effort into the contest unlike may who battled on more occasions.

dawn is just trying to be a beuty queen rather than the adventure itself imo.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • they wanted it to be more girl friendly (evident of contest introduction) but i think the girl charicters put too much effort into the contest unlike may who battled on more occasions.

dawn is just trying to be a beuty queen rather than the adventure itself imo.

I liked the show better when it was more focused on ash.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • i supose thats one way to put it.

but i think the adenture and region plot should be more important than winning contest ribbons and badges. proportioning is the key.

i dont care if ash beats the gym or if dawn wins the contest, i care about different senarios like team rocket/aqua/magma/galactic/whatever the new ones supposed to be)

storyline over battles for me.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Its aimed at kids. More so boys, but Id say Contests were introduced into the Anime to try and grab more girls. May was more focused on then Misty ever was

Back