• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon dying out?

Is pokemon dying out?

• Yes

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Dont know

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
  • No, I don't think that it is dying out. It was starting to during the Johto leauge, but it is creeping back up steadily.:)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    They're not out yet......

When they do come out, you can get them at EB, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.....

It comes out Sept 9

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Its a new set of trainers....In Kanto....With gba graphics. Pretty much same as Ru/Sa, but with new map, and improved gameplay......

I guess... That's all I heard

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    *sighs*

It is practically the same thing as Ruby!!!! jUst Kanto Pokemon and map!

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Well unfortunetly it has died quite a bit. Reason being: Kids WB and 4Kids. 4Kids took it in the US, dubbed it for slightly younger audiences, and as the anime series progressed, they dubbed it worse and worse, so younger and younger audiences would like it.

As for Kids WB, the movies they 'produced' they changed for littler kids. But by the time they gave it to Miramax, Pokemon wasn't as liked anymore, so people never even cared to watch the better of the Pokemon movies.

That's my perspective, anyway.

But people like us at the PC, we'll (hopefully) like Pokemon forever.

Personally, I don't care how unpopular Pokemon gets, I'll still like it. There are a lot of shows and games that I like that barely made any money in America, but the point is, they did better where they were originally made, Japan. And so, Pokemon Yellow is like on the Top 10 highest selling video games ever in Japan isn't it? It's like a revolution over there... it'll never get old.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'll like pokemon forever!!! I like the show! @_@ I mean, if there were more Action/violence it'd be better, but...heh....

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The games are still very successful, and as long as Game Freak keeps coming up with new, fun ideas that?s all that I care about really.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Game Freak has done a nice job wit the games in my opinion. I just wish the gba supported 3D graphics!!! That'd be AWESOME. I was kinda dissatisfied with Coliseum's multiplayer mode. I mean....I liked the stadium where you could rent pokes if you dind't have your own!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • I hear it's still going strong in Japan. Obviously in places like America, it's hard to argue it has died down alot. It's not talked about as much, and the movie situation has to say something (they're not even going to be shown in theaters now, ignorant jerks). But it isn't dead. The anime is still being aired, and products are still coming out. And in the heart of true fans, it never dies out. ;)

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
  • My opinions:
    Anime---Yes. I got bored of the storyline.
    Manga---No. If PiPiPi is still published here, I'll definitely read it.
    Games---No. It may not be at it's prime but it's now a classic.

Overall---No, as long as you don't mention Anime to me.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Welllll, Good News on the Lycos Top 50, Pokemon is number 22!! Its above Yuugioh, Inuyasha, Mariuana (yess the drug), Beyonce, Xtina Agulara, Nascar, NBA... wow

Well anyway, Id say it died and now its making its big come back with new advertisment. It might not hit with the older kids but it will go wth the younger third forth graders ?^_^?

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
    Years
  • I wouldn't say yes, because there are a whole lot of sites devoted to Pok?mon. But, seriously, how many actaully talk about Pok?mon with their friends, like you would talk about...a real show. Like "Did you see that episode of Pok?mon last night?" "Eww..." If you're embarrassed to tell your friends, you must know that Pok?mon kind of died at after we all lost our baby teeth. But, I still can't say...

Back