• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Rotom a legendry?

Years
    well....according to me ,legendaries are tough to catch(generally)
    I ended up catching ROTOM with 1 dusk ball at full health

Legendaries have high stats
    Rotom doesnt

Legendaries generally have their own location like a cave,temple etc
    Rotom comes out of a Tv screen .

So nope,I dont think rotom is legendary

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Rotom isnt legendary. Hes just an obtainable pokemon. Its like Eevee an obtainable pokemon. And its not mandatory to catch him.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Rotom isnt legendary. Hes just an obtainable pokemon. Its like Eevee an obtainable pokemon. And its not mandatory to catch him.

well if you think about it, no legendary is really mandatory. i cant think of any legendary in any game that you HAVE to catch to beat the game

for the record, i don't think of rotom as a legendary either, but he does have a similar scenario to that of other legendaries

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Rotom IS still a legend.
    Reasons why you think he is not, and my counter-explanation.

1. "He can breed." Manaphy can too. If you say what I think you might say, you is crasy.
    2."His stats suck." His stats suck at level 15. Ever leveled him up? I don't think so.
    3. "He is optional." So is about every pokemon in the game. You can beat the game with only your starter, throwing every egg you mandatorily obtain into the PC.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Rotom IS still a legend.
    Reasons why you think he is not, and my counter-explanation.

1. "He can breed." Manaphy can too. If you say what I think you might say, you is crasy.
    2."His stats suck." His stats suck at level 15. Ever leveled him up? I don't think so.
    3. "He is optional." So is about every pokemon in the game. You can beat the game with only your starter, throwing every egg you mandatorily obtain into the PC.

1.Manaphy doesn't breed it's own species...

2. It's best base stat is sp.atk with 95...while it's other stats are around 60- something, most legendarie's stats have atleast 1 base stat that it's in the 100's and other stats that are around 70-80

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Pokewarped, you cannot beat the whole game with just your starter. What if you chose Infernape? How can he surf? As to being on topic... Rotom is not a legendary. His growth pattern does not follow those of the legendaries, whereas Manaphy/Phione does. At the best, we could consider him an Uber because of how few attacks are super effective.

Dark and Ghost

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
    Now Its Not A Legenadary. Even Though Thers Only One Of Them Its Not Classified As A Legendary

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Another proof of the prize, Manaphy's Egg,doesn't hatch into Manaphy, but a Phione. Rotom's Egg hatches into Rotom. Therefore he is an uber at best.

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    Pokewarped, you cannot beat the whole game with just your starter. What if you chose Infernape? How can he surf? As to being on topic... Rotom is not a legendary. His growth pattern does not follow those of the legendaries, whereas Manaphy/Phione does. At the best, we could consider him an Uber because of how few attacks are super effective.

Dark and Ghost

Ooh. You got me there. I mean two pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I consider any pokemon you cannot catch in the wild on any game a Legendary pokemon, considering there is only one Rotom obtainable, and you get it out of a special circumstance, it is legendary.

If in the next teir of pokemon games he is capturable in the wild, then he looses his legendary status.

But thats just my opinion.

And besides, a pokemon dosent have to be uber to be a legendary, Look at Regigigas, hes ability makes him almost worthless.

As for the Lv. 7 Mew, in FR/LG couldnt you catch one on on one of the islands that was relatively low level? Im pretty sure it was level 7

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    i was jk! no need for what you said heh but he is not a legendery he can preduce more rotoms by breeding!! a legendery poke is not a legendery if you can have as many as you want! get it ppl?
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there, on the basis that Phione is considered a legendary, and is infinitely obtainable.

I'd put Rotom in the same status as, say, Snorlax. He has decent stats, is good for a few things, appears as an event in the game as opposed to randomly in the wild, breedable, and is close to the legendaries in the Pokedex (If you'll recall, Snorlax was close to the legendaries). For that matter, although you don't have to battle it to catch it, Beldum and its evolutions could be considered similar to Rotom and our chubby friend Snorlax.

I'd go ahead and put Rotom, Beldum and Snorlax in the "sub-legendary" category.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there, on the basis that Phione is considered a legendary, and is infinitely obtainable.

I'd put Rotom in the same status as, say, Snorlax. He has decent stats, is good for a few things, appears as an event in the game as opposed to randomly in the wild, breedable, and is close to the legendaries in the Pokedex (If you'll recall, Snorlax was close to the legendaries). For that matter, although you don't have to battle it to catch it, Beldum and its evolutions could be considered similar to Rotom and our chubby friend Snorlax.

Beldum can be caught via swarm...

and nobody seems to be noticing the difference between legend breeding, Phione is not considered a legendary actually, Manaphy doesn't breed it's own species, while Rotom can. Rotom is also owned by several people at the Battle Tower. Snorlax? You can breed em...aka infinite number of em...

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Beldum can be caught via swarm...

and nobody seems to be noticing the difference between legend breeding, Phione is not considered a legendary actually, Manaphy doesn't breed it's own species, while Rotom can. Rotom is also owned by several people at the Battle Tower. Snorlax? You can breed em...aka infinite number of em...

Thats my point.

Snorlax is a sub-legendary as opposed to a legendary because you can obtain more of him by breeding, but you can only obtain one or two otherwise.

And as for Beldum, I was referencing Ruby and Sapphire. They didn't have Swarm for Beldum back then.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Legendaries are Pokémon that you can't obtain more than one of with one cartridge without starting a new game, trading, cheating or exploiting a glitch. Legendaries also cannot breed to create more of their own species. And guess what? Manaphy matches all these criteria, while Rotom doesn't, thus making Rotom not legendary. Legendaries also have a total 580 or higher as their base stat total, while Rotom has a measly base stat total of 440.

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007

You're forgetting Larvitar and Bagon!
    Each of these pokes can only be found once or twice in the wild but still breed.

Back