• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is shiny pokemon overrated!

Are shinys overated?

• Total voters

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    They are so over rated. There only rare, and a different colour, I suppose like Charizad, Rayquaza, Metagross I can see, but some I just shake my head.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Whats there purpose? They Pokemon that are a different color. I love re-coloring them, but people would beg for shinies kind of depress me. Plus, some dont even LOOK good. (Shiny Drifblim being one)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Using shinies as trade bait... Depressing and overrated. Collecting them is good since they're really rare and there's nothing else to do in the game. And some of the colors rock more than the originals.. :3

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Is they overrated? I not know. Me think it hard two see him, so we not even going try too look for you.

Is shiny pokemon overrated!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Yes. A lot of people make a big deal about having them, when in actuality, they're no better than a normal Pokemon in most cases, especially nowadays, when shininess isn't determined by IVs. On top of that, a lot of shiny sprites, in my opinion, tend to look inferior to the normal sprites.

zer0vrs

Zero Virus
    Years
    i think they are overrated to a certain degree. i do agree that people go nuts with the whole trading shinies and whatever, and some of the shinies look like complete garbage (i.e. shiny Dragonite) compared to the original. but, i do like some of them, and im making a small collection of only the ones i want, and use them as a team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't think so. For battling, they don't do anything, so they are useless in that regard, unless you have a good nature and good IVs. It depends on the shiny. If anybody has a shiny steelix, you know that having a golden steelix is pretty cool. With azumarill, it's not so exciting. I don't think they're overated. Sometimes, but not usually.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
    Not really.
    Everyone likes different things, but that doesn't make it overrated.
    They're rare, so there's a certain amount of pride in catching one and showing that you have it.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Being easily hackable significantly diminishes their worth. Shiny Pokemon are usually the wrong nature, too, making them weaker than normal, well-natured, properly trained Pokemon.

SheiK

Rawr Blargh
    Years
    Overrated.

Not much besides the cool factor for battles and such, but it's fun to collect some when you have the time.

A shiny Metagross is just awesome.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Very, Very overrated, It's kinda cool while it lasts, but the trade offers are rediculous. They're are a couple that I might want to show off (Metagross) but the rest arn't that great.

Now if pokemon were real and you couldn't duplicate or trade across the world then I'd say no.

Back