• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen is swords dance really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpkinz 4 Mayor

Run! Its the Soup Nazi!
    Years
    Well, if your Pokemon is insanely fast, and can withstand an attack for a turn, then maybe. A scizor is a good example of this, he can take a good amount of hits, and has great speed. So, a sword dance is worth it if you like to sweep. Of course, if your pokemon can't take a hit, then just pus a focus sash on it XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yes, it is. Think about it; the first use of Swords Dance doubles your Attack. This means that if your Pokémon survives for two turns, it will do the same amount of damage as it would have done by attacking twice. If you survive for longer, then you'll be dealing twice as much damage than you would be if you hadn't used Swords Dance.
    Of course, if you think the opponent could KO you in one hit, it's better to get a hit in than Swords Dance and be KOed in the next turn.

Crasy

Smashing.
    Years
    Well, Swords Dance is only good in the sense that it powers up your Attack. You should really only teach it to a Pokemon who has mostly or all Physical Attacks. If the Pokemon has mostly Special Attacks, it would just be a waste. So, to put it simply, check your Pokemon's moves.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm only saying, I'm not a competitive battler.

But ingame, Ruby... Zangoose with Swords Dance and Slash or similar... yay. Feels great to sweep whole teams with the combo.

The Red Chain

Of course Swords Dance is worth it.. as said above it doubles attack.
    But Swords Dance is only very useful if placed on a Pokemon that won't faint in one turn.

XXXBurningStarIV

Yo dawg I herd u liek memes
    Years
    Swords Dance is a great sweeper move.
    Also Nasty Plot. I happen to love these moves.
    They really just pwn if you already have a good attacker.
    /hugs my Gallade

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2009
    I don't think I've ever used Swords Dance.

In fact, I delete all of the 'Growl'-like moves. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Really Swords Dance Is an Awesome Move for Physical Sweepers. 3 Swords Dance Boosts Means OHKO to Many Pokemon. And Honestly a 3 Swords Dance STAB Boosted Mach Punch Can OHKO Most of the Fragile Pokemon

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Swords Dance is like..One of the best moves in the game.

Sets up a great sweep..Of course if you're fighting in the wild..Then you shouldn't really use it..Unless you want too.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Swords Dance is great when paired with a Ninjask and Baton Pass ^^ Go with this with a Ninjask and you'll be pretty much on the winning streak (that is, if you have a physical sweeper team; it can make physical tanks really frightening as well):

Ninjask
    Item: Focus Band (Focus Sash in D/P/Pt)
    EV Trained for Speed and Attack (or Defense, but that's kind of a waste), plus 4 EV for HP.
    Attacks:
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    Protect
    ------ (anything you want; mine is Aerial Ace)

Swords Dance is also good for tanks that can take the hits.

liketoys0000

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    Ys, it is, i think about it. It's fantastic if you're planning a nice long sweep.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    'kay guys, I think he gets it now. XD; Locking due to the sheer amount of repetitive answers. =/ Nothing really new to offer.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back