• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Team Rocket finally going to leave? {Spoilers}

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    They finally missed an episode after so many years, don't you guys find that odd? Than with all of them being so serious and the boss flying in and playing a bigger part. What do you think? Finale series?

Years
  • I don't think that just if they miss an episode we could conclude that they might be leaving soon. We've already seen how much the writers are trying to rush this season: with Ash training and re-battling in the same episode. Hence there was absolutely no time to include even a few moments of the Rocket Trio.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 21, 2012
    They would have to finish it if they got rid of team rocket coz they are main characters like ash

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • Team Rocket can't leave, dammit. That's final.

It'd be like saying 'hey, let's take out Pikachu.' What scares me is that... I never thought Misty or Brock would leave either. Who knows what they might do next >.<'

Just the thought of Team Rocket, or one of the Team Rocket members, or Pikachu leaving scares me. I'd rather they take Ash out.

...Kidding.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just because TR skipped out on an episode doesn't mean that they're actually leaving. In Best Wishes, they're taking their jobs much more seriously than previous series, and it's possible that they had to take care of some business off-screen.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It's only one episode.

I have a theory, Team Rockets plans for Unova (Isshu in Jap) fail, Giovanni will fire Jessie, James and meowth and they will take it the wrong way and think he wants them to go back to catching Pikachu. Remember when they sent him a Yanma and he sent it back and they thought he was just being nice and wanted them to use it (Which ended up becoming Jessies Yanmega). xD

I don't think Team Rocket will ever leave the anime - not unless I see pigs fly, or pikachu evolve.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Missing an episode merely means Team Rocket are becoming improved, no?

I mean, the only time I can stand them is when they're discovering success through hard work in the Pokémon League tournaments, and the occasional moment of brilliance (whether actual or comical) like when they went to space with a Togepi, then Rayquaza was like "I'm the Chuck Norris of space, get back down to earth scum!" and blasted them back down.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I swear the creators of the anime had the voice actors sign a contract, saying they got to be in every episode after their debut.

And I think it's really unlikely as much as I'd like them to leave.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • Y'all are crazy, they've missed like 10 all together.

I wish the anime was cancelled already or made better.

That is incorrect. Before the latest episode (BW16), they've only missed the first episode. Unless, of course, you count the Chronicles specials.

I don't want to believe that they'll leave, but if they were to do such a thing, now's a good time. I can see them revert back to their goofy ways once they find out that Gio's kinda just using them..But I don't see that happening for a while. It's depends on what other plot they could perform in the future, since they obviously aren't used for comedy relief anymore.

As long as they get a good ending, I'll be happy. The "serious" direction they're taking with it is...a good concept, but it could be executed better. At least have remnants of their old personalities, aside from over-confidence, you know?

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • Please, yes. I'll be praying, like I have since season 1 when I realized they weren't going to be a hilarious running joke or useful plot device, but cheap, unfunny filler episode after episode after episode.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually, Team Rocket technically missed two episodes prior to BW. They also were not present in the AG clip show at all.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Six months ago, if you asked me if I wanted Team Rocket in the series any more, my answer would have been an emphatic "NO!!!" They were annoying, predictable, and the Pokémon equivalent of filler characters, ever since the beginning of the series. But the key word in that sentence is 'were,' past-tense.

They no longer step in Ash's way in every episode, and I haven't heard their motto since September. Thus, that annoying factor of not only Team Rocket, but the Pokémon anime in general, is gone.

This work that they're doing in the anime, which I won't get into in fear of spoiling, is actually quite intriguing. I am not sure what their end-goal is(though I do have some assumptions), which has in effect turned Team Rocket on their heads. For the first time in their long history, I do not know what they will be doing next. Six months ago I would have laughed at the idea of Team Rocket being unpredictable, but now, as seen by the very presence of my fear of spoiling, this is no longer the case.

And in effect, they will supposedly end up being part of the main story for once, thus erasing them from the long list of filler characters in the franchise. For once, I want to see what they're up to, and I want them to appear more. I seriously did not think that the writers could flip my opinion of Jesse, James, and Meowth completely around, but they have done just that. I'm impressed, amazed, and, overall, relieved. XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I completely love that they are making Team Rocket more serious.

At least have remnants of their old personalities, aside from over-confidence, you know?

Actually, before Jesse met James and Meowth she was an epic bad@$$. Then they completely changed her personality. So technically this is Jesse's old personality.

I do not believe Team Rocket will be leaving, ever. Just because Gamefreak and Co. decided not to target snot-nosed little brats who think they know everything about pokemon but actually know nothing and to target older people doesn't mean anybody is leaving the show or it's getting cancelled. I may even read the manga now, as it is confirmed to target older people and it actually looks good.

Like I said, I love the new (technically old) way Team Rocket is going.

Back