• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Is that all you can do?] Underestimated Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hehe, I think I've got the basics down now... No idea how you're making those boxes though, haha!
    I was wondering, how good is Dunsparce? It seems to be your main one (from level) so it must be pretty good? :D Well done for the progress so far!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Hehe, I think I've got the basics down now... No idea how you're making those boxes though, haha!
    I was wondering, how good is Dunsparce? It seems to be your main one (from level) so it must be pretty good? :D Well done for the progress so far!

The box is a simple CSS box with the text in an autoflow, I can easily make one for you ^^

Dunsparce at the moment, is a little below average. I trained all my Pokemon so they are pretty much over-leveled, and that is probably the only reason I haven't blacked out yet. It's level up moves are horrendous, so I have to make do with Glare + Defense Curl + Rollout until I can get some solid attacks. Though I must admit, the combo I have now is pretty good. It can sweep a number of Pokemon if it gets its momentum right.

Challege verison changed as Ruby has gone walkabout
    I'll need to use my only third gen game I can find: Emerald

Don't give up :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The box is a simple CSS box with the text in an autoflow, I can easily make one for you ^^

Dunsparce at the moment, is a little below average. I trained all my Pokemon so they are pretty much over-leveled, and that is probably the only reason I haven't blacked out yet. It's level up moves are horrendous, so I have to make do with Glare + Defense Curl + Rollout until I can get some solid attacks. Though I must admit, the combo I have now is pretty good. It can sweep a number of Pokemon if it gets its momentum right.

That would be good thanks, if you send me a PM when you're willing to help go over it then that'd be perfect :D

Ahah, I never expected Dunsparce to be all that good, poor thing. D: Doesn't its ability give it that secondary affects always come in to play though? A move like Headbutt could be perfect if that's true... Always flinching doesn't sound like a bad deal! It'd need a quick claw though or the tactic won't work...

Update on the challenges; Pachirisu is now level 83! He's getting there slowly. :D

Jay2322

Lava type Trainer
    Years
    I definitely wana join this

The champion challenge on leaf green with *drum roll* Bedril!!

Why? Cause its stats are terrible and its typing keep it from being a decent psychic killer. But, alas I have a soft spot for it because it was the first Pokemon I ever caught

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

That would be good thanks, if you send me a PM when you're willing to help go over it then that'd be perfect :D

Ahah, I never expected Dunsparce to be all that good, poor thing. D: Doesn't its ability give it that secondary affects always come in to play though? A move like Headbutt could be perfect if that's true... Always flinching doesn't sound like a bad deal! It'd need a quick claw though or the tactic won't work...

Update on the challenges; Pachirisu is now level 83! He's getting there slowly. :D

Yeah, Dunsparce has a good ability. unfortunately, I don't have any moves with secondary effects available yet. And keep going with Pachirisu! So close!

I definitely wana join this

The champion challenge on leaf green with *drum roll* Bedril!!

Why? Cause its stats are terrible and its typing keep it from being a decent psychic killer. But, alas I have a soft spot for it because it was the first Pokemon I ever caught

Really? Beedril? That's great :D

Welcome to the group ^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I decided I want to do a solo challenge with either Seaking or Butterfree on R/S/E or G/S. Help me decide people.

Seaking! :D It's so beasty and tough :3 Electric and Grass types will be an absolute pain though. :/

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I decided I want to do a solo challenge with either Seaking or Butterfree on R/S/E or G/S. Help me decide people.

I'd suggest Seaking as well, you can get Ice Beam for those pesky Grass types, and hopefully you'll be at a high enough level to withstand Electric attacks.

Update 6: Underestimated Champion Challenge

Update 6

Well, no wonder the old guy was perv-ing. I battled all the young female Gym Trainers to engage in a battle with Erika.

VS Erika

VS

Well, Pikachu paralyzed Victreebel, then vice versa. Each of them were paralyzed at various points, and Victreebel landed a number of Giga Drains while Pikachu only landed one Mega Punch before it died.

VS

I then sent out Yanma, and tried to put Victreebel to sleep. That failed. I Sonicboomed it down to red and then it was healed with a Super Potion (are you kidding me?!). It then Paralyzed me, and after relaying Acid and Sonicboom Victreebel fell.

VS

Tangela was next, and I was in the yellow and paralyzed. All I did was continuously Sonicboom while Tangela used Ingrain and Constrict. Luckily my paralysis didn't stop me much and I managed to KO Tangela without much trouble.

VS

I was knocked out in two turns by the toxic Acid of Vileplume. I tried to attack with Sonicboom but was paralyzed.

VS

Dunsparce's turn was now. I used my infamous combo, but was paralyzed in the process. Unfortunately, Dunsparce was too paralyzed to move before it could kick its combo into action. Luckily I managed to get two in a row and lower Vileplume into yellow before fainting. God I hate Giga Drain so much right now.

VS

After all the trouble one Psybeam finally KO'd Vileplume rather easily. It was a critical too. About bloody time, if I say so myself.

VS

Well, after that battle I was grateful to receive my Rainbow Badge and TM Giga Drain. I dug into my TM Case and gave Yanma Giga Drain, and also found Brick Break, which I gave to Pikachu. After a quick revitalizing trip to the Pokemon Center I trained my Pokemon in Route 7 until I thought they were at a suitable level.

I then wandered back to Lavender Tower to see none other than Overuse waiting for me. He asks hopefully if my Pokemon are dead, and then battles me for his own maniacal reasons.

VS OVERUSE

VS

Once again, he starts out with Pidgeotto. I used Mr. Mime, who quickly knocked out Pidgeotto with two Psybeams.

VS

This time an intimidating Gyarados greeted me, but met the same fate as Pidgeotto. Down in two Psybeams.

VS

Growlithe was next, and fainted quickly with one Psybeam.

VS

Kadabra. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to get the Shadow Ball TM in the Game Corner so I only have Magical Leaf as an attack. I made a Substitute and continued to attack with Magical Leaf. Two Magical Leaf's later and it was down, and I was behind a substitute with yellow zone health.

VS

Well, one easy Psybeam later and Ivysaur bit the dust.

VS

Considering the past experiences, that was a freakishly easy battle. He hastily left, so now I could enjoy myself and climb the Lavender Tower. I reached the top floor after battling the restless spirit of Marowak and found in lined with Rocket Grunts. Hooray. I defeated them all with Mr. Mime alone to find Mr. Fuji against the back wall. Turns out he was there out of free will, and he wasn't captured. That was a waste of time. I stalked him back home and then he gave me a Poke Flute. The guy must fancy stalkers or something, I don't know.

So, next I plan to venture down to the fat sleeping Snorlax and travel to the city with Koga (I forget).

Current Team Order

Mimien the Mr. Mime, level 36
    Pikaptor the Pikachu, level 35
    Yanmyst the Yanma, level 35
    Dunspecial the Dunsparce, level 37

CSS by Impo

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years

Seaking! :D It's so beasty and tough :3 Electric and Grass types will be an absolute pain though. :/

I'd suggest Seaking as well, you can get Ice Beam for those pesky Grass types, and hopefully you'll be at a high enough level to withstand Electric attacks.

I'm actually thinking more Butterfree tbh. Mainly because I'm using Seaking in my Challoween challenge.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    I'm actually thinking more Butterfree tbh. Mainly because I'm using Seaking in my Challoween challenge.

Then go for it ^^
    Butterfree can be available early in the game, so you can rack up some early EXP

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Wrong. Sunflora can learn Eath Power with the Move Tutor in HeartGold and SoulSilver

Are you kidding? I just double checked on Serebii.net.
    Nowhere does it say it can learn Earth Power. I've never seen Serebii wrong before... ugh, Am I actually going to have to double check on my SS game cause this is bothering me. If it legitimatley learns Earth Power, than I am about to abuse the hell out of Sunflora.
    I may edit this post if I'm wrong...
    --------------
    @Impo, i heard you were having some trouble with Dunsparce.
    I actually mapped out a way to make it pretty powerful and crazy fun to play. Here's the build for it:

#206 Dunsparce
    Type(s): Normal
    Focus: Health
    Ability: Serene Grace

Move Set:
    Roost [Flying-Other] (Lvl: 33)
    Take Down [Normal-Attack] {90} (Lvl: 37)
    Endeavor [Normal-Attack] {?} (Lvl: 49)
    Flail [Normal-Attack] {?} (Lvl: 53)

^ I actually have an entire text document, where I write down pokemon builds... Yes I'm a nerd who enjoys keeping track of dumb stuff like that. lol
    If you can't tell by this build, the idea is to keep Dunsparce 100% health focused like you would when building a Chansey. This makes Dunsparce capable of taking many hits and then you punish your opponent for your lack of health by using Endeavor and Flail. Take Down is a powerful recoil move that helps you lower Dunsparces health for using Endeavor and Flail, then when things get sketchy, Roost it up.
    I have a Dunsparce built this way and watching trainers try to take it down is like watching somebody try to break a wall with their bare fists. lol
    I wish you luck on your Dunsparce Impo. :)

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Are you kidding? I just double checked on Serebii.net.
    Nowhere does it say it can learn Earth Power. I've never seen Serebii wrong before... ugh, Am I actually going to have to double check on my SS game cause this is bothering me. If it legitimatley learns Earth Power, than I am about to abuse the hell out of Sunflora.
    I may edit this post if I'm wrong...

It's a Dream World exclusive for Sunkern, I'm pretty sure. And a HGSS Move Tutor

@Impo, i heard you were having some trouble with Dunsparce.
    I actually mapped out a way to make it pretty powerful and crazy fun to play. Here's the build for it:

#206 Dunsparce
    Type(s): Normal
    Focus: Health
    Ability: Serene Grace

Move Set:
    Roost [Flying-Other] (Lvl: 33)
    Take Down [Normal-Attack] {90} (Lvl: 37)
    Endeavor [Normal-Attack] {?} (Lvl: 49)
    Flail [Normal-Attack] {?} (Lvl: 53)

^ I actually have an entire text document, where I write down pokemon builds... Yes I'm a nerd who enjoys keeping track of dumb stuff like that. lol
    If you can't tell by this build, the idea is to keep Dunsparce 100% health focused like you would when building a Chansey. This makes Dunsparce capable of taking many hits and then you punish your opponent for your lack of health by using Endeavor and Flail. Take Down is a powerful recoil move that helps you lower Dunsparces health for using Endeavor and Flail, then when things get sketchy, Roost it up.
    I have a Dunsparce built this way and watching trainers try to take it down is like watching somebody try to break a wall with their bare fists. lol
    I wish you luck on your Dunsparce Impo. :)

Wow, that's a lot, I'll keep that in mind :) !
    I was thinking of giving Dunsparce Earthquake, but I'll see how that works out for me, thanks :D !

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Well now I'm trying to figure out what to replace with Sunflora.
    I'm thinking of either replacing Dunsparce or Swalot with Sunflora.

I'm starting to form this team with a sort of Sunny Day sub-theme.
    (Yeah I'm looking at this more competitively than anything else. lol)

EDIT: Okay, I've devised my new strange team and I think you guys will find it interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh yeah... This team is going to be a whole lot of fun. Also I think it's going to have amazing Synergy... it just doesn't look like it will... MUAHAHAHA!!!
    Take one look at this crazy team and nobody has any idea as to what is going on. :)

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Name: U_Flame
    Underestimated Pokemon: Pichu

Many people people love Pichu for being adorable, but too many people think it's weak. I disagree! Pichu's combination of Sweet Kiss and Attract are unbeatable!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Well now I'm trying to figure out what to replace with Sunflora.
    I'm thinking of either replacing Dunsparce or Swalot with Sunflora.

I'm starting to form this team with a sort of Sunny Day sub-theme.
    (Yeah I'm looking at this more competitively than anything else. lol)

EDIT: Okay, I've devised my new strange team and I think you guys will find it interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh yeah... This team is going to be a whole lot of fun. Also I think it's going to have amazing Synergy... it just doesn't look like it will... MUAHAHAHA!!!
    Take one look at this crazy team and nobody has any idea as to what is going on. :)

THEY LOOK SO CUTE AND DEADLY :D
    I hope you have good luck, but usually you have Minun and Plusle in the same team, as they give each other an attack boost thanks to their abilities.

had to give up the Mawlie contest challenge as Emerald broke last night
    so going to do a Dustox or beatifly HG solo run

That's too bad :/
    But Dustox and Beuatifly are Gen III, and they are unlocked at the end of the game, wouldn't it be better if you got a Beedrill or Butterfree?

Name: U_Flame
    Underestimated Pokemon: Pichu

Many people people love Pichu for being adorable, but too many people think it's weak. I disagree! Pichu's combination of Sweet Kiss and Attract are unbeatable!

Welcome, Flame :D ! Pichu does seem to be weak, but I hope you can prove that wrong!

--

Also, I probably won't update my challenge in the pretty way I did before, because that takes way to much effort xD . I'm about to challenge Koga, and all my Pokemon are at level 40

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    @Impo, Yeah I know about the bonus for Plusle and Minun, but it only works if your using them in a double battle. However... after looking at Minuns move set, I realized he's got a sneaky set of tricks up his sleeve, I'm surprised nobody else has tried using it before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back