• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen is that.......Hoopa?

Years
  • That shadow in the Portal Zekrom and Reshirams are coming out of looks like Hoopa
    is that.......Hoopa?
    is that.......Hoopa?
    is that.......Hoopa?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It does like a bit like Hoopa, it seems to have arms not attached to it's body.

Even ignoring that the portal hoops the legendaries are coming out of seem very suspicious. They would be meaningless if we didn't know any better.

Maybe Hoopa is the one transporting them to Hoenn?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Am I the only one not seeing anything? :(

It's pretty obvious at the bottom of the second portal under Reshirams foot.

Granted I'm not convinced it's a perfect match to Hoopa, but there are similarities and the design of the portals seem to match Hoopa.

Wasn't there a theory (or some in-game quote in XY) that Hoopa was responsible for Mirage Tower appearing and disappearing on route 111? (The desert) Hoopa could explain Mirage Island as well.

Years
  • It's pretty obvious at the bottom of the second portal under Reshirams foot.

Granted I'm not convinced it's a perfect match to Hoopa, but there are similarities and the design of the portals seem to match Hoopa.

Wasn't there a theory (or some in-game quote in XY) that Hoopa was responsible for Mirage Tower appearing and disappearing on route 111? (The desert) Hoopa could explain Mirage Island as well.

Compare it to
    is that.......Hoopa?
    Looks extremextremely identical. However, most aren't believing that it is Hoopa ;-;
    L

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The shadow seems pretty deliberate to me. It definitely looks like it's supposed to be something.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    It's not. At least not to me. The black hole is black in the center (obvs) it just so happens that Reshiram's tail is in a way to create this sillhouette. I think people are grasping, similar to the whole Mega Sableye thing on the M16 poster.

Years
  • It's not. At least not to me. The black hole is black in the center (obvs) it just so happens that Reshiram's tail is in a way to create this sillhouette. I think people are grasping, similar to the whole Mega Sableye thing on the M16 poster.

Reshirams tail creating a silhouette that looks very similar to Hoopa is unlikely
    Palkias would likely be doing the same thing. I am not grasping at all, infact I think Hoopa is stupid xD

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    The hoops around the portals in the pictures also kind of look similar to the hoops in Hoopa's design. I'm sure the two are related somehow.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hmm... I think you might be on to something here. The silhouette is way too similar to ignore. The whole thing is about a 90% match I'd say, especially the arms and the bottom where the gold "hoop" is. Very interesting, I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It doesn't look like Hoopa to me....at all. Head shape's not right. And wouldn't it like more sense for a Gen 5 legendary to come out of the portal that other Gen 5 legendaries are coming out of. Not to mention that Hoopa should make it's first appearance in Kalos, not Hoenn.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • It doesn't look like Hoopa to me....at all. Head shape's not right. And wouldn't it like more sense for a Gen 5 legendary to come out of the portal that other Gen 5 legendaries are coming out of. Not to mention that Hoopa should make it's first appearance in Kalos, not Hoenn.
    The head shape isn't perfect, I'll give you that. But I'll play devil's advocate and point out that Deoxys first officially appeared in the Kanto remakes, way back when.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I'd be lying if I said I thought the silhouette looked like Hoopa. It actually looks like Diancie to me, and that part people think looks like an arm looks like one of Diancie's 'pig tails' to me.

However, the gold color of the hoops and the thickness do make me think its Hoopa's doing. Which is honestly insanely clever.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • looked like diancie to me at first glance, but staring at it for a while i can make out hoopa, but still looks more like diancie imo.

but it doesn't make any sense for it to be diancie so..

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah, I'm seeing Diancie way more then Hoopa. Would be interesting though if Hoopa is connected to this, would be a wonderful way to bridge the games. What I mean is, what if this more hinting to the Waterfall Region, by having some Hoopa teasing?

Back