• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a difference in Quality figures

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    So I was thinking trying to buy more pokemon figures, so I look to ebay. There are so many different figures and stuff, but then I notice something. There are different quality figures produced in places like China and the U.S. (There's this PokemonPlace ebay store in the U.S.). They don't have logos like the Tomy Pokemon figures do. So I'm wondering if it even matters or should I only at the ones from Japan?

cknarf

4211 2353 6370
    Years
    I just ordered a Buizel... lol. I don't think it matters all that much. Just don't try to eat the nameless ones (MAY CONTAIN LEAD)

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Well I want to make sure I buy ones that are official (like Jaks Pacific) and not stuff made in some guys basement lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    When searching merch on eBay, never buy from Chinese or Hong Kong sellers. There's a very, very good chance they'll be bootlegs. Now some bootlegs look okay (I actually have a few I've picked up at anime cons) but usually they look horrible and there are missing parts or wrong colours, etc. It's better to just go for Japanese or US sellers.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    I payed .99 for a Gabit figure and it looked ok, but the other stuff looked kind of shotty. PokemonPlace is in the U.S. and they have great stuff, but they get stuff from asia. I'm not sure where though, but I could ask. If they get stuff from Japan, I could buy from them and Japan only places.

Back