• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a game with this Battle System

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2009
    I have been years looking for a game with a battle system like in Mystery dungeon, but what i want is that you use a trainer and when you enter a battle you fight like in pokemon mystery dungeon, that would be a pretty awesome game

there is a video in youtube but i cant post urls untill i post 15 more times

just search it yourself by the name of "Pokemon online game: example"

Last edited:

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Thats more likely an ABS only that most of the things are done outside of the database, it means that all that stuff is made with events triggered when you have X pokemon (say charizard in the video) then you press X button to get X effect (triggered by the event) and so on, like that you probably could do it 1000% lol, the only one i know that can go that far open to public and that can be easely modded to make it like that is the aterlier one, search her web around its in protoguesse but meh, you should be able to move yourself into the RGSS tab then into CBS tab and then into the XAS battle system lol, cant get lost like that hehe.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Yeah that was pretty cool. I hope to use a battle sytem similar to that. Unfortunetely that video was posted in October 2007 and was the only pokemon video out of his only 3 videos.

moritat

Mapper o' doom
    Years
    ABS

The ABS isn't all that good, atleast for the person making the game, it is mega hard setting it up, it took me about 3 months for mine to work, plus you gotta have about 300+ lines of event for each enemie lol so an ABS game would take about two years to make, i think mine was finished in a year and a half, but it isnt all that good lol. if i got some pokemon walking sprites that i dont gotta make them and what not i would make one.

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    The ABS isn't all that good, atleast for the person making the game, it is mega hard setting it up, it took me about 3 months for mine to work, plus you gotta have about 300+ lines of event for each enemie lol so an ABS game would take about two years to make, i think mine was finished in a year and a half, but it isnt all that good lol. if i got some pokemon walking sprites that i dont gotta make them and what not i would make one.

Yeah it is hard but I think it is easier than the regular battle system, and more fun and interactive.

moritat

Mapper o' doom
    Years
    oh, you could always just rom hack pokemon red rescue team and make a new storyline or something lol, but if i could get a team togethar i think i could pull it off, im good at mapping, and a little bit good at events, everything else i suck at lol.

Back