• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a Glytch for 10k eggs and Eevee

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i get more 10km eggs than anyone else i know does but 4 out of 5 times, i get an eevee.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Better Eevee than Onix or Jynx. The candies can be used to power up your EeveeLution armies.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Got back to back Eevees before finally getting a Chansey.

My question though is on the rate of evolution after using the Pyro, Rainer and Sparky trick.

It seems Flareon has the highest rate (already 4 in a row), got 1 each on Jolteon and Vaporeon.

Further, I'd like to ask if tou have the same observation, My Vaporeon would have the higher CPs at 1700 range while the Flareons range from 1400-1600. However, the Jolteons' CP are at 1100. I would have wanted higher CP jolteons to fight against Gyarados and Dragonite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Jolteons (and all electric type) arent very good in pokemon go due to the developers having no idea what to do with the speed stat from the original games.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to have Evee's in 10 K eggs anyway? Evee's are pretty easy to find, why can't be in 5K eggs?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I got an Eevee in the first 10k egg I hatched but not again since then. It is an underwhelming Pokemon for a 10k egg definitely.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • An ongoing test right now amongst theorycrafting players is that hatched Pokémon are based on a pre-programmed list depending on where you originally obtained the egg. PokéStops are programmed to randomly "roll" through a list of items (Poké Balls, potions, berries, eggs, etc.) and the results are the items you see after you spin the stop.

Should you "roll" an egg, the hypothesis is that any egg you obtain from a specific PokéStop will only hatch specific Pokémon. This would support why OP's family obtain so many Eevees from 10km eggs considering they would likely frequent the same PokéStops.

From personal experience, it would explain why I hatch a disgusting number of Bulbasaurs from 2km eggs compared to other starters while my brother obtains too many Squirtles for his own good. We both work in different locations and that's where we obtain the majority of our eggs.

I also have yet to hatch a single Aerodactyl from a 10km egg despite hatching nearly 40 of such eggs lifetime. I've only obtained four Eevees so far. I know the general areas where I obtain the eggs, so I'll have to watch out for which PokéStops drop the 10km eggs from now on.

Try testing it out yourselves. I'm curious to see what results people get. Make a note of exactly which PokéStop you spun when you receive any egg. Then note exactly what Pokémon hatches out of that specific egg. Clear up your egg inventory and try the same Stops again. If you receive the same egg type (2/5/10km), see if the hatched Pokémon is the same. This will be something I'm willing to try out after I hatch the remaining eggs in my inventory.

Also side note:
    I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to have Evee's in 10 K eggs anyway? Evee's are pretty easy to find, why can't be in 5K eggs?
    Because in some areas, Eevees are incredibly rare. Not for me (caught over 250 Eevees lifetime; there's a town near me where Eevees are far more common than Rattatas and Pidgeys), but I have personal friends who see more Lapras than Eevees. Some see more Snorlax than Eevees. It all depends on your location.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That happen to me also. I think they have made it that eevees spawn more now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I've hatched 301 eggs so far, there's still a few I haven't hatched or only got 1 or 2. It would be very interesting to test that theory about which stops give which eggs

Years
  • I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to have Evee's in 10 K eggs anyway? Evee's are pretty easy to find, why can't be in 5K eggs?

Depends on your location. I've only found 3 Eevee's in the wild since the game was released. I've only received one 10k egg, and hatched a Scyther.

Of course, it does seem that I live in an unusually un-varied area. To the point that seeing a caterpie or a zubat is exciting.

Literally anything other than Weedle, Pidgey, or Rattata is exciting.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Also side note:

Because in some areas, Eevees are incredibly rare. Not for me (caught over 250 Eevees lifetime; there's a town near me where Eevees are far more common than Rattatas and Pidgeys), but I have personal friends who see more Lapras than Eevees. Some see more Snorlax than Eevees. It all depends on your location.

The same can be said about any of the starter pokemon including pikachu, which come in 2km eggs, except that in the areas where many eevees can be found, the quantities are so high that even the best spots for starter pokemon are no competition.

Depends on your location. I've only found 3 Eevee's in the wild since the game was released. I've only received one 10k egg, and hatched a Scyther.

Of course, it does seem that I live in an unusually un-varied area. To the point that seeing a caterpie or a zubat is exciting.

Literally anything other than Weedle, Pidgey, or Rattata is exciting.

How is that different from any of the starter pokemon you can get from 2km eggs?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Having the Pokemon be rare in some locations doesn't mean it should be in 10km eggs. Do these eggs give you more candies with the Pokemon, are they higher cp or have better stats. To be honest if I lived in an area with no Eevee's in the wild I'd much rather have it in more common eggs, then the elusive 1/40 10km egg.

I guess I will have to clear out my egg inventory, not go to any more Pokestops near my house, and only collect from Pokestops I pass by far from my house. Only problem is I don't really have many opportunities to go to Pokestops far from my house. Most if not Ll my eggs come from the 20 or so Pokestops in my town.

That being said I have hatched two Ponyta's and those don't spawn anywhere around here. Same with Sandshrew.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    hatched 2 10km eggs yesterday.
    the first one i got from my town's post office gave me an eevee. yes, another one. if the theory is true, this made sense because eevees pops up everywhere here.
    however, the second one i got from a statue in my town got me an omanyte which is never found here. i gotta drive out at least 10 miles to find omanytes.
    i have 2 more 10km eggs right now, one is from the same statue above and the other one is from another part of county.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    The egg idea would have made more sense if they hatched more uncommon Pokémon to your area, then hatching common Pokémon in your area.

That way people who need Eevee's can get them from their 10km eggs and those of us who have 3 sets of each Eeveelution would not get them from eggs.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • The hypothesis doesn't mention eggs hatching Pokémon already found through normal spawns in the area. It's just a predetermined pool of possible hatches from specific types of eggs from specific PokéStops. Meaning just because you find a lot of wild Bellsprout around you doesn't necessarily mean the 5km eggs will be Bellsprout.

So what you can test is if the PokéStops that dropped the 5km eggs with Ponyta and Sandshrew always hatch those two types of Pokémon.

Back