• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a patch that adds Sinnoh Pokemon to the GBA games?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2008
    Not all of the Sinnoh Pokemon, obviously, just a reasonable amount of them. This wouldn't be considered a real "hack" by any means, more of something that be useful in other hacks. I've searched, and I can't find one. I've looked into it, and started fooling around with it, and I've got a pretty decent grasp of how to do it, but I don't want to delve to deep into actually producing one if one already exists.

If none exists, my basic outline would be to
    -add Turtwig through Bastiodon in the 25 "?" slots
    -add Shiny Stone/Rose Incense in as new items, likely in slots 52/53
    -add at least one form for each evolutionary line somewhere in the wild/in an in-game trade in FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald
    -add them to the National Dex in all 5 games (I haven't looked into how to do this one at all yet)

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • One problem with adding Sinnoh Pokémon is that their sprites are almost 20 pixels larger then the old sprites. Unless you crop/edit all these sprites, they won't fit very well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    One problem with adding Sinnoh Pokémon is that their sprites are almost 20 pixels larger then the old sprites. Unless you crop/edit all these sprites, they won't fit very well.

yeah, i think that a simple resizing tool would be all you would need.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
    Years
  • The DP palletes are different to the RSE/FRLG palletes.I tried making a patch like that once.I managed to do drifloon.But the whole thing started crashjing afterwards.

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
    Years
  • Another problem is you would nee to wipe out old pokemon to Put in new ones ...right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I've found those slots to be unusable... you can make it so they will battle you, but you can't use one in battle itself, or else it'll freeze. They also all use the same "??" sprite, meaning you can only add one pokemon.

Back