• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Is there a way to have multiple diving-themes for different underwater-maps?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    As someone with a fondness for biology, I am always excited to play around with different types of underwater-environments when I design underwater-maps. And having different ambient music-tracks is a big part of the atmosphere, you wouldn't want the same music for a bright colorful coral-reef as you would for the darkest depths of the ocean.

But from what I can see, you can only define one diving-theme per game. Is there any way to somehow have multiple diving-themes that differs depending on the map in question?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    Coral reef is definitely one that I have planned, if only because it suits the lagoon-vibes so well and I especially want to explore the deep sea where there is no natural light, something that lends itself well to ambient sounds as you explore, and the player is meant to find a crashed submarine with an important keyitem inside (in this case, the item that replaces Flash).

Another biome that I want to have fun with is kelp-forests that really lends itself well to a maze-like layout given the lack of visibility, as well as underwater caves.

The game I am currently planning for has no real cities in its own way since it is an 'abandoned' island but an underwater laboratory could suit the one I have coming up.

Back