• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Is there a way to make a move that revives a fainted Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen today
    I want to make a move that can revive a pokemon in the party. The way it works can be like Lunar Dance/Healing Wish, instead of full HP recovery, they revive.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you want to do something that works "like Lunar Dance/Healing Wish", just check the code for them and try to adapt it :)

Hint:
    You will have to define a new PBEffect for your reviving move, initialize it in the right place (should be in the class PokeBattle_ActivePosition), and a subclass of PokeBattle_Move to set the PBEffect. Also you will need a function to revive the Pokémon (take inspiration on the Revive item), and finally a trigger to use this function in battle after the effect was set (you should put that trigger in pbOnActiveOne, right before the code that triggers the entry hazards like Stealth Rock).

Years
    • Seen today
    I tried to use "Lunar Dance/Healing Wish" pattern to make it, but it seems to be more complicated than I thought. :"))

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I tried to use "Lunar Dance/Healing Wish" pattern to make it, but it seems to be more complicated than I thought. :"))

I find 8 occurrences of LunarDance in the whole script; it's not complicated ^^
    What d you find complicated?

Back