• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is there any possibility of Mistery Dungeon Hacks?

Years
  • Just passing to ask if there is a way to Hack Mistery Dungeon Roms.
    I've already played a hack with Mistery dungeon on it's title,but its not a Mistery Dungeon Hack.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • It is possible. Mainly through a hex editor though; although I think sebbe(?) created a minor script editor for the GBA Mystery Dungeon.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • The first ROM hacking tool I encountered was in fact a PMD ROM Hacking tool. It was Sebbe's Toolbox, a program that allowed you to choose any partner. I had fun with it, and I even tweaked it a little to let me choose my starter (even Kecleon and Munchlax!).

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • Thunder Yellow is similar as it uses the walk sprites and it looks similar to red rescue team, bit the battles are like that of a normal game.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • It can be possible if someone goes hard for starting and completing it and believes about completing it

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Might be in the future, when people research more into it. People are hacking HGSS and DPPL and even hacking Super Smash bros brawl textures so why not?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    I've wanted to see a difficulty hack for a while. It seems like since red/blue rescue team, the games have gotten progressively easier and easier. It would greatly increase replay value for me to have 80 floor dungeons back again.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • There's a tool for Mystery Dungeon hacking now. Surprised no one noticed. I'm all for it, at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    There's a tool for Mystery Dungeon hacking now. Surprised no one noticed. I'm all for it, at the moment.
    I know, but it's still suuuuper difficult to hack. I think it's only a script editor at the moment. Not like you can change major events or something. There's still research being put into it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    Off topic:
    Use google chrome to avoid those embarrassing spelling mistakes

mYstery, not mIstery.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2020
    One of the things that makes Mystery Dungeon so difficult is that it was originally another Dungeon Crawler game whose name I can't remember. It was built on top of that, and is pretty full with that as well as the absurd amount of sprite data that the game holds.

Basically, Nintendo pulled the ol' Doki Doki Panic Routine here.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I would like to see you play as a trainer in PMD sometime, similar to Azure Dreams.

But alas, even if it is possible it'll take quite a long time to figure out how. And having no freespace is a major problem.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2020
    I would like to see you play as a trainer in PMD sometime, similar to Azure Dreams.

But alas, even if it is possible it'll take quite a long time to figure out how. And having no freespace is a major problem.

That would be a very very odd thing to implement given how PMD fundamentally works.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • One day it will be possible but not today. I guess you have to start on a Fire Red/Ruby/Emerald rom if you want to make on. There's this Spanish hack called Mystery Dungeon 9 but as we all know, not the same to PMD. It uses a format similar to it but I guess we have to be patient...

Back