• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this card rare?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2009
    sorry i do not have a picture.. its in my friends possession.
    it is a original aerodactyl, but in the right corner of the picture area, there is a holographic "W"
    iv never seen this before, i figured i should just ask lol

anyone? anyone at all? have you seen a holographic "W" on a pokemon card before? believe it stands for wizard

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Are you sure it's an Aerodactyl? There are cards with "W" stamps on them from older sets, and there was a prerelease Aerodactyl from the fossil set, maybe you're confusing the two?
    I'm pretty sure the only "W" stamped cards were Jungle Pikachu, Fossil Kabuto, Base 2 Wartortle, and Gym Heroes Misty's Psyduck. They were obtainable through buying a Wizards of the Coast magazine from 1999-2000.
    The prerelease Aerodactyl is from 1999, and according to Pojo it's only worth about $5, but I've never seen one and I think it is reasonably rare anyway. Hope it helps!

Bela

Banned
    Years
    I believe a W-stamped Aerodactyl for Wizard's Magazine was also produced. That's what your card would have to be--and it really isn't all that rare.

It's worth whatever you can sell it for on ebay!

spastman

Pokemon Proffesor
    Years
    Are you sure it's an Aerodactyl? There are cards with "W" stamps on them from older sets, and there was a prerelease Aerodactyl from the fossil set, maybe you're confusing the two?
    I'm pretty sure the only "W" stamped cards were Jungle Pikachu, Fossil Kabuto, Base 2 Wartortle, and Gym Heroes Misty's Psyduck. They were obtainable through buying a Wizards of the Coast magazine from 1999-2000.
    The prerelease Aerodactyl is from 1999, and according to Pojo it's only worth about $5, but I've never seen one and I think it is reasonably rare anyway. Hope it helps!

Indeed, there's no Aerodactyl with a W stamped, but there are prerelease cards with Aerodactyl:
    Is this card rare?

There are also W-Stamped cards, like this one:
    Is this card rare?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009

i think you are talking about these? both were given to me by my brother like 10 years ago

kabuto
    img189.image shack.us/img189/3756/kabutowithshinyw.jpg
    remove the space between image and shack

and pikachu
    img265.image shack.us/img265/2370/pikachuwithshinyw.jpg

sorry but i couldnt post the actual link due to the <15 post restriction

PS - is there any other meaning to the W? just wondering

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    i think you are talking about these? both were given to me by my brother like 10 years ago

kabuto
    img189.image shack.us/img189/3756/kabutowithshinyw.jpg

and pikachu
    img265.image shack.us/img265/2370/pikachuwithshinyw.jpg

sorry but i couldnt post the actual link due to the <15 post restriction

PS - is there any other meaning to the W? just wondering

Yes I am referring to those cards, those are two of the ones printed with that stamp.
    The "W" refers to Wizards of the Coast, the company who owned the Pokemon TCG at the time. The two you have came from magazines; Pikachu came from a 1999 issue of "Duelist" magazine, and the Kabuto came from a 1999 issue of "TopDeck".
    However, the fact remains that there was no Aerodactyl printed with this "W" stamp. The only Aerodactyl promo printed was a PRERELEASE-stamped card from the Fossil set.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    Noe, itz a totl fake. Burn it, and no one wil suspec yu for baed deal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    I have a Dratini Card which looks to be rare.
    It has an 'Ex DELTA SPECIES" logo in the under-right corner of the Picture.
    Somebody from the staff of a Pokemon Day in Holland told me that it was at least 250€ worth...(?)
    Can somebody confirm or infirm that?

Thank you in advance...

Last edited:

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    The Aerodactyl with a gold W stamp is worth about $2. I have an Arbok with a W gold stamp and it is about the same price. Wait about 100 years or so then it will be worth more.

Back