• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this episode real?

Pikachu162

Beast Trainer
    Years
    Hello, all. I was looking through a list of pokemon episode thingy and came across this one that seems to be right before the "Clear as Crystal" episode. It branches off of the one where Ash becomes a Pikachu and is like a whole episode on how he lived as a pikachu for a day I guess. Here's a link to where I found it. Pictures and all,
    w ww.pokemopolis.net/episodes/master/241a.htm (fix the site by removing the space between w and the rest of it.)

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yes, this was an actual episode which was situated after the Whirl Islands saga in the second half of the Johto season.

Pikachu162

Beast Trainer
    Years
    Do you know of an place to see this episode, or even find it? In other lists this episode guides seems to have been skipped unless it was renamed maybe? Thank you for reading and answering by the way. (:

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Honestly, this doesn't seem like a real episode to me. The screencaptures look very photoshoped, especially the 3rd (in the cave) and the last one. The Pikachu looks totally cut out from another picture and placed in the new one. I also recognize Misty's and Bock's poses in the 3rd picture from the episode "Island of the giant Pokemon" => https://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/070708111843_poses.jpg . They were cut out from there and the blankets were added. Also the synopsis sounds more like some sort of fanfiction. If I remember correctly, Pikachu did recognize Ash and happily play with him right after Ash was transformed. Why should it not recognize him in the next episode?

However, I thought that it was a pitty that they did not have an episode with Ash being a Pikachu. It was a nice storyline and they could have made more out of it than just have him transform at the end of one episode and transform him back at the beginning of the next episode.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    This was discussed a long time ago, let's see what did I said at that time...

Ah, here we go:

First:
    Go to the directory overview where the page is located: https://www.pokemopolis.net/episodes/master/
    Notice how that episode is the only one that has a letter "a" after the episode number.

Second
    The episode "Hocus Pokémon" is called "ポケモンまほうでだいへんしん!?" in Japanese
    "As Clear as Crystal" is called "サンダーとクリスタル!みずうみのひみつ!" in Japanese.
    (source)

Search those Japanese title up in the TV-Tokyo episode listing and you'll see that "Hocus Pokémon" aired on 3月21日. Which mean 3rd month, 21th day.
    "As Clear as Crystal" aired on 3月28日 (3rd month, 28th day).

"As Clear as Crystal" aired exactly one week after "Hocus Pokémon". You can feed both sumaries to Babelfish and I'm sure it will return a summary.

Third
    Pokemon.com doesn't have this episode listed, nor does TV-Tokyo's episode, Serebii, Dogasu. In fact, there isn't a second website that can verify the existance of that episode. Smells fishy huh?

It would be nice if there was indeed an episode where Ash was a Pikachu for an entire episode, but it doesn't exists.

Pikachu162

Beast Trainer
    Years
    Yes, yes. xD Thanks for your comments, guys. I found out this was a fake a little time after posting my last comment in this topic. It does make me a little sad though, because a Ashachu episode would be pretty cool to see. Anyways, thanks again guys.

Back