• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is this game worth getting if you've already played Pokémon X/Y?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2017
    Hello.
    I want to get Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Saphire, but I have already fully played through Pokémon X several times and I loved it.
    I want more, but is Pokémon OR/AS very, very similar to X and Y?
    What's different between Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire and X/Y?
    Do you think it's worth getting the new game when I already have Pokémon X?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hello.
    I want to get Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Saphire, but I have already fully played through Pokémon X several times and I loved it.
    I want more, but is Pokémon OR/AS very, very similar to X and Y?
    What's different between Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire and X/Y?
    Do you think it's worth getting the new game when I already have Pokémon X?

Hello, welcome to PC! ^^

To answer your question, yes. You should totally get it. OR and AS are great games, and definitely worth giving a try even if you've already played X/Y.

The difference between OR/AS and X/Y? Well, they're entirely separate games haha. Different region, different story, different main characters, different set of available Pokemon. They also have features that weren't present in X/Y, such as secret bases, the Eon Flute, and new Mega forms that aren't available in X/Y yet.

So if you already played and enjoyed X/Y, that's all the more reason you should give OR/AS a try~

itsnairb

Fire Type Expert
    Years
  • Yeah, get it man! They are great games!
    Really love the changes from X/Y,
    and there are loooots of legendaries ;)

But some of the first Pokémon you'll meet at the beginning are a little boring..
    So take some of the Pokémon form X/Y with PokéBank :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It differs a lot from XY.

First, the plot is about the Hoenn region this time! The Hoenn region is a tropical land that houses a desert, rain forest, volcano and diving spots!
    Spoiler:

Who wouldn't want to explore a land with amazing places? Not to mention, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have introduced us to several new Mega forms!
    Spoiler:

It's graphics improve a bit from Pokémon X and Y as well.
    If you love Pokémon go and get it! ;) Additionally if you're using a US, Australian and European version 3DS-family console/game card, you'll be able to download a Diancie and her Mega Stone until July 27th!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Go get OR/AS. They have Pokemon that X/Y doesn't, like a good chunk of the legendaries (Deoxys included).

Years
  • ORAS is very much worth getting, especially if you've played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald back in the day, since it makes it much more nostalgic to run through Hoenn once more. The games are similar to X and Y, yes, but the story, I feel, is more immersive, as are the new Mega Evolutions (which are also good reasons to get ORAS) and the potential to capture more Legendaries in-game than in X and Y.

Years
    • Age 31
    • He/Him
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    I believe so. For a few reasons: being that it's nice to run through gen 3 again and feel nostalgic as you see everything again with the new graphics. Lots of legends and a new way to shiny hunt. And lots of new mega stones, which is why I like it cause it adds more to the competitive side which is where I play. So yes, for sure worth getting.

Years
  • Like the others said, it's worth playing particularly if you enjoyed the original Hoenn games yourself. The story is slightly changed and explores Team Magma/Aqua's story more, plus there's new Mega Evolutions, features such as DexNav and soaring with Latias/Latios, and as Platinum said there are also obtainable Pokemon that can't be found in X/Y, a lot of which you can catch on the Mirage Spots or via DexNav.

However, it does lack the customization from X/Y so do be mindful of that. It's still worth a play, because several of the Hoenn Dex Pokemon are now easier to use than in the original games, plus DexNav can wield Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, egg moves and up to 3 random perfect IVs.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • Most definitely! The only similarities between XY and ORAS are the graphics and a few other minor things. OR/AS is certainly worth picking up, since it's such a vast and nostalgic retelling of the GBA classics, and manages to pack in so much more content. Plus it's just tons of fun :3

Back