• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this legit?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Last night i was browsing through Windows Explorer and IE and this came up. Is this message from windows?

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
    Years
    NEVER ACCEPT that sort of stuff. it will bring lots of stuff with it and make you're pc verry slow and all things are gonna pop up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Lolfake.

I'm always cautious on what clicking "no" might do on these, so I always go for the cross in the corner.

Apple Inc.

Years
    Ok, I never download these things. I will just do a system restore.

Apple Inc.

Years
    Okay its fixed. I actually am in the process of running OS X in VMWare and so far so good. I shall now make another thread here regarding the whole XP thing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Probably too poor.

Seriously though, what kind of person get adware in this day and age?
    If you're asking me, most likely middle-aged people — the ones that have grown up without computers but who are now expected to use them in their jobs and such.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Surely most people have routers with a build in firewall and some kind of anti virus. My Belkin firewall and AVG do a splendid job for me.

Apple Inc.

Years
    I had an antivirus but had to turn it off temporariliy to enable printer sharing and it was off for about an hour.

Zet

Years
    trend micro is one of the worst pay for antivirus programs to get, also you can configure it to allow printer sharing and all that jazz without turning it off, also what on earth were you browsing on IE for that to pop up? "how to search for free downloads without getting a virus on a mac" ?

Apple Inc.

Years
    I was just doing normal browsing in IE and WE and they came up. Can you tell me how to allow printer sharing.

Zet

Years
    I can't remember sorry, but it's a long and hard tedious thing to do, maybe google can help or the trend micro website, the only reason I don't remember is because I switched to eset <3

MaxEx2

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2009
    Wow, that doesn't seem to trustworthy...I would stay away from messages like that. Whenever I see stuff like that I automatically run my virus program and if nothing pops up then I just do a system restore.

Guest123_x1

I got a similar message several days ago. It wouldn't let me cancel, when I did, every time, the message would immediately reappear as soon as I clicked out of it. The only way to get rid of it was to accept the download or kill off firefox.exe through Task Manager.

I ended up clicking OK-and shouldn't have-but immediately closed out the offending tab-also I'm logged on as a limited account.

https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u88cj9&s=4
    First of all, I don't have a DVD-RAM drive, and although I partitioned my drive, the second partition (where I put all my files) is not assigned to drive D: (I gave it F: through the Disk Manager)

(NOTE: The user's documents folder (mine) in the screenshot has its name changed to protect privacy)

Back