• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen is this true?

Misty05

huge misty and water fan
    Years
    would anyone happen to know if this cheat code i found on the internet.it is for pokemon ruby and sapphire
    Follow these steps to catch Latios/Latias in less than 5 minutes.
    1.) Buy 5 of any kind of repel.
    2.) Go get the Acro Bike.
    3.) Get a LV40 Pokemon and put it in the lead (Preferably Wobbuffet).
    4.) Go to the Bike Path Entrance north of Slateport.
    5.) Go into the grass patch right outside of the entrance and get on the Acro Bike.
    6.) Use a repel and hop on the bike for about 20 seconds (Hold A).
    7.) If it doesn\'t appear, enter the building and then exit. The Lati@s position should reset.
    8.) Repeat steps 5-7 until it appears. You should find it within a few minutes!

razor

summer's sun
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    Half of the Pokemon cheats found on the internet are fake. Some of them are hilarious. XD

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Well, I don't really think so that it would be true. There are several cheats and others that turn out to be fakes. Though I didn't try this, I'm sure that you have 1% chance of ecountering Lati@s cause it's position will reset (but on the WHOLE MAP, NOT on that grassy area). Maybe I'll do a little search on the net, but I doubt that this would be true. You can find Lati@s by checking a few areas anyway...

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    With a Masterball of course. It doesn't appear very often, so you need to be sure to catch it, because you might not find it again in a good while. The other legendaries can be caught by other balls, cause you can save before encountering them, but encountering Lati@s is totally random. However, you can track it down using the pokedex if you don't want to use the Masterball and you fail to catch it for the first time.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I think this is probably just one person who found Latias there and thought that's where it always is, nya. XD Really, Latias switches routes almost every time you do, so it's either luck or well-planned timing to catch it, nya.

As for the ball, Ultra or Master, nya. Depends on what kind of stratigy you use to catch it, nya. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I think the route above slateport is the hot spot for my game though because I've caught the last 7 lati there.

Salaz

Salaz the dragon master!
    Years
    that cheat is true it worked for me but others i dont think they are true

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Misty05 said:
    would anyone happen to know if this cheat code i found on the internet.it is for pokemon ruby and sapphire
    Follow these steps to catch Latios/Latias in less than 5 minutes.
    1.) Buy 5 of any kind of repel.
    2.) Go get the Acro Bike.
    3.) Get a LV40 Pokemon and put it in the lead (Preferably Wobbuffet).
    4.) Go to the Bike Path Entrance north of Slateport.
    5.) Go into the grass patch right outside of the entrance and get on the Acro Bike.
    6.) Use a repel and hop on the bike for about 20 seconds (Hold A).
    7.) If it doesn\'t appear, enter the building and then exit. The Lati@s position should reset.
    8.) Repeat steps 5-7 until it appears. You should find it within a few minutes!
    I think this is a technique rather than a cheat. I tried it, and it worked for me. But it took 1 hour rather than 5 minutes XD (Latios never came around this route for me)

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    I think it's just luck you might find it there in 5 minutes or like kohei said 1 hour later.I just go around the map until it appears.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
    Years
    This sounds a little like the Legendary Dog stalking trick, which I use on Lati@s anyway. Because I've got both in my pokedex on one game, I simply trade over, trade back, and carry on as if I was chasing down a Dog.

I also think this matter of hotspots is true, at least partially. I remember, on one of my games trying to chase down Latios, that it seemed to like the water routes around Evergrande and Sootopolis.It spent quite a lot of time there, and I eventually caught it on one of those routes . Perhaps, by resetting the location, you also reset the hotspots, too. If a tricky pokemon seems to favour one area, you're bound to catch it more quickly if you're there too. If the hotspot is elsewhere, it's going to take longer

Back