• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is wonder trade dead?

Years
    I dont think its dead, people have sent lame first route pokemon from since it started. But Wednesday's are the only days I really get anything decent.

The best time to wonder trade on a Wednesday is at the time big streamers/youtubers do theirs as people will send good Pokemon hoping they will get seen on stream. :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Hm, I can't speak from experience on this, since I don't Wondertrade often. But I do it from time to time, and I've never been unable to find traders. I think it's only natural it would go a bit dead in comparison to when OR/AS or X/Y first came out--there hasn't been much of anything new happening in the main series lately, so not as much people are playing them :c But, there's still Wondertrade Wednesdays which a lot of well-known Youtubers do, and it's not uncommon for avid breeders to send off their spare Pokemon via Wondertrade, so I'd say it's still alive and well :P

And like Hikari said, it's sure to pick up when Z comes out!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I am gonna trade soon, because I have to do a big clean up in my boxes. Last time I checked, I couldn't find a partner maybe like every 3 turns, but I tried again and then it worked. Maybe yeah you don't have as many stuff as before, but I don't think it is totally dead. I'm gonna trade my breeding projects so be prepare, Wonder Trade!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Hmm, weird, never had a slow WT session.I've literally spent over a hundred hours in WT and I've gotten pokemon from your everyday normals to shiny legendaries. People say the best time to WT is a bit past midnight because Japan is active during that time and they trade the best pokemon. Most of my shinies seem to be from Japan.

Years
    Well I still get good stuff off of Wonder Trade (looks at getting two shinies on Thanksgiving), even if the garbage is abundant. Not to mention the aforementioned Wonder Trade Wednesdays, which Marriland has been streaming again. So i'm sure Wonder Trade won't be out of steam for a ways to go, even if right now it isn't in full swing.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Dead you say? Hmm. Maybe I oughta see for myself. Never really used Wondertrade, but if it is dying down already, it's gonna be awkward getting rid of all these reject 'mons I have leftover from breeding.

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    It doesn't seem dead to me, I mean I've had the game since release (28th Nov 2014) and ONLY JUST discovered wonder trading like two days ago haha, majority of traders seem to be from the US or japan, only found one person who traded and was in the UK like myself, I think its brilliant

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Wonder Trade for me is active. I'm getting Pokémon from everywhere. Most of the time I'm getting Pokémon from either France or Italy. I rarely get Pokémon from Japan or Korea which I think is weird.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    So far only in Pokemon X, I could not find a trade partner once. But when I did a WT in Alpha Sapphire a few hours later I did one with no problems

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
    I use wondertrade to clean out my boxes after breeding(ony pokemon with almost the ivs I wanted or with their hidden abilities, egg moves, never random early game pokes). I have gotten some shinies, legends, and good iv, nature, egg move pokemon that I often use later for my own breedig. If I get a good pokemon I don't need I'll wondertrade it again. I release all zigzagoon,poochyena, wurmple, froakie(so many starters in there in my experience). I rarely don't find a partner but I have occasionally had that issue even before Oras.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I haven't been able to play the new games in a while, and I know that wonder trade is not dead and will probably never die (...for like 8 years at least or unless Nintendo shuts it off). It was one of my favorite things to do in X/Y and OR/AS and I'm sure it is for many others as well. Even though most of the time you'll get useless stuff, there's always the hope of getting that one cool Pokemon and that keeps people going.

Back