• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your egg Pokemon what you hoped it would be?

Why was your egg Pokemon a dud?

• Total voters
Years
  • I just want to know, if anyone had a Pokemon egg and thought they were going to get a great Pokemon in terms of gender, nature or ability... and suddenly when your egg hatches, you discover it's a DUD!

I started this up because on my second run of Pearl I had a Stunky egg, hoping it would have Aftermath and not a neutral nature (Hardy/Serious/Bashful/Docile/Quirky) and that I would get another girl (most of my Stunkys were female).

But, I discovered it was a BOY, had a Serious nature and Stench ability!!! (which is not as cool as Aftermath)

Have you had a similar situation with Pokemon you obtained via breeding?

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Yeah I had an everstone on my Gligar to get Jolly, and I didn't get jolly often, it was always female and didn't have sand veil >__< I had 2 boxes full of Gilgars. But now I have my perfect Gliscor :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't like B/W's new breeding mechanics, with the nature, ability and gender being randomly determined along with IVs. But I did manage to get the natures I wanted after some eggs.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • All the eggs I hatch are duds because I have no expectations. I play with whatever. No competitive battling for me, lol.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I'll just leave this here. cry cry

mB0NS.png

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • One time I was breeding for male Ferroseed because I was wanted them as they were all having Stealth Rock and Spikes for egg moves. I managed to hatch 14 female Ferroseed in a row before I finally hatched a male. EVen though it is a 50/50 chance of each gender. Needless to say that was a bad night.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It really irritates me when I can't find the right gender/ability/IV's when I breed, sometimes it doesn't take to long, others it takes a looonnnggg time D:

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    It took me several hours to finally get a female Chimchar so I could breed Blaze Kick onto it for a friend. Somewhat understandable due to gender ratios, but I didn't think it would end up THAT bad...
    Then there was the time I took quite a while to get a Huge Power Marill. Fun fun fun :P.
    Or the fact that I still don't have the urge to breed my Durant and Ledian until I get Hustle. My bad experiences with Dual Abilities are making me a bit mad. I just want a Baton-Passing Hustle Durant for goodness' sake!

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • It really irritates me when I can't find the right gender/ability/IV's when I breed, sometimes it doesn't take to long, others it takes a looonnnggg time D:

I agree. Certain Pokes it's no problem but then sometimes I can't just get the nature/IV's I was breeding for.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Nope. Not at all, not even the slightest.. My pokemon game hates me... it damn hates me.. It hates me too much that everytime I wish for some specific IV, nature, gender and ability, its always the opposite... :s

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I don't mind gender and I usually get lucky with abilities but what always gets me is the natures. I could hatched a great IV'd Bagon only to find out it has a Modest or Sassy nature or something like that.

Back