• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your 'Online' Personality different to IRL?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
  • I am a bit shy IRL, but online I am all open and stuff... but I am only shy to people I don't know well, once I know you, I am a... Hyper, Perverted, Happy, Optimistic, Loving and caring person, who will pretty much do anything to make sure the person I am with (Loving wise, like BF/GF) is happy. Online it is every man/woman for his/her self, yet I'll help out every so often.
    And no, I am not saying that based on my signature, I really mean it. XD

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I feel more confident online than I do in real life.. so I'm a little louder online xP

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Not really, I'm pretty much the same person IRL as on THE INTARWEBZ.
    Only real difference is im more shy when meeting new people in reality D8

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Not a single bit different, I'm just as edgy and cantankerous IRL, though just as nice so as long as people don't do/say stupid things :D

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I tend to be very much more rude online than IRL. Also when I explain things, I can do it online fine with little problems, but it's hard for me to explain IRL.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I would say that I'm generally the same online.
    However.. My nerdy side comes out a lot more on the internet.
    I'm shameless online because no one really knows me "personally", so I don't feel as prone to be judged.
    (Plus, using Pokecommunity as an example, I can talk about anything Pokemon and rant and rave about it if I want to and no one will think that I'm completely wierd. :D)

I was playing Pokemon Yellow (starting a new game) on my Pokemon Stadium today, and my boyfriend comes out and watches me, after a while he says, "I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE DOING! YOU'RE JUST RUNNING AROUND IN THE GRASS AND RUNNING INTO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND KILLING IT!"

.. "I'm trying to find a Rattata, and all I'm running into are Pidgeys!"

He just looks at me like I'm crazy. lol

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Not really... but I don't keep a social network IRL (I don't even have a cellphone, bad as that is) & would prefer not to talk if possible.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I tend to be a lot less of an acid tongue online and i'm a bit quicker to hold my tongue if i feel someone has wronged me, shown in my amount of post.
    My fetishes are let loose online though, such as the full extent of doctor who, scrubs and pokemon obsessions and the mere existence of fondness for bands such as 'The Killers' and 'Dragonforce'.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • not really, I'm just as sadistic and cynical online as I am IRL...the only difference being, I'm not as reserved to speak my mind online. :P

Years
  • Not a single bit different, I'm just as edgy and cantankerous IRL, though just as nice so as long as people don't do/say stupid things :D

I'll quote that Greene but see its harder to get your sarcasm online than IRL!!!

I'm the same really erm... actaully I'm more silly IRL. I do get angry way more easily irl though :\ But pretty much the same.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    In real life i'm loud and happy, don't care what people I don't know think of me. I'm really positive, self Ironic and try to see the bright side of things, but if my brother irritates me, I can be worse than the devil >:)!
    online I think of myself as having the same type of personality, but with a little more "sophisticated" choice of words.
    not so much on this site yet, but I'l get there!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't think so, no. I'm pretty much the same offline and online apart from a few minor quirks like being a lot more open in online relationships than I am in offline relationships and finding people online to be a lot less tolerable than people offline. But it's a lot more difficult to befriend me online than off, strangely enough. Aaaaand, I'm a lot nicer offline.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • I tend to be about the same, though the way I type is different than the way I talk (just a little) and I tend to be alot more friendlier online but not as open.

Cid

Years
  • It isn't. It's pretty much the same as IRL, the only difference is that I'm a lot less shy and quiet here.

I also talk different online, which is why I always get beaten and/or edit my post, because I usually don't talk like this.

Back